My 1st Autonomous Mission with Tower

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

was that fully autonomous programmed flight? seems like a return to home signalled at 2:52 and looks like signal recovered at 3:15
You got me. It lost signal and started RTH. Once signal recovered, I selected Auto, and it flew back to the last waypoint. It lost signal again, and then I let it completely RTH. Altitude was a little low to clear one the buildings, which I why I lost signal.

It is pretty cool to watch it fly autonomously on a mission.

Next time, use spline waypoints instead of normal waypoints. All those sharp turns will become nice smooth sweeping turns. Also, change parameter WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR to 3 (face along GPS course).

Reactions: MIssingWings
Next time, use spline waypoints instead of normal waypoints. All those sharp turns will become nice smooth sweeping turns. Also, change parameter WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR to 3 (face along GPS course).
Cool. Thanks.
I have a lot to learn with Tower and planning missions.

I tried to do a Region of Interest about 100 ft away, but the Solo just took off, stood still for a few seconds, and landed. Oops.

Also FS_THR_ENABLE=2

FS_THR_ENABLE: Throttle Failsafe Enable
The throttle failsafe allows you to configure a software failsafe activated by a setting on the throttle input channel

Values
Value
Meaning
0 Disabled
1 Enabled always RTL
2 Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode
3 Enabled always LAND

Will let your mission continue if you lose contact.

NOTE: Return this value to "1" after you're done. If it's still set to "2" while you're not flying a Tower mission you're kinda screwed if you lose contact.

Reactions: hardhat068
Hey P2P. Do you know what the checkbox for "Lock copter orientation" does? You get the option when you create a survey mission.

I can't find anything that looks like it in the parameters list
Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation

The only reference I found to it was a post in September 2016 by Valdi. I didn't see an answer.
https://3drpilots.com/threads/new-tower-v-4-0-0-final-release.6702/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks