motor replacement

Reaction score
Hello got bad motor pod 01 counterclockwise submitted ticket to solo they want to replace my drone.Would rather just replace my bad motor I know what I got in this drone anyone know where to purchase I ordered one off of amazon they give me a ship date 1 to 2 months Best Buy for some reason say they won't ship the motor.Anyone know of place to purchase thanks

I just ordered two from B&H on the 6th and they will arrive tomorrow. That's the standard shipping.

I too just checked Spectreworks and it's a dead link to the motor info.
Their shipping is high at 22.75. B&H with shipping is 59.00.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I ordered 1 from Amazon 1 to 2 month shipping but thanks to PDX STeve and his info I got 1 arriving 12 sept from B&H

Hi all, newbie here. There seem to be a lot of concerns about replacement motors for the Solo. I too have the same concerns, especially after reading in the manual that the motors need to be replaced after 150 hours.

So I sent an email to KDE Direct today. Here is their response to my question, "do they make a replacement motor for the 3dr solo drone".

KDE Direct's response:

The KDEPSK-2315-885 is the replacement QUAD set for the 3DR SOLO, and
various clients have installed these motors worldwide. The installation
does require some soldering and removal of the stock motors from the
airframe (they are not plug-and-play), but with basic understanding of
electronics, the installation is relatively simple.

KDEPSK-2315-885:
UAS Multi-Rotor Power System Kits
ucts/kdepsk-2315-885

The kit is provided at a discount price, including four (4) of the
KDE2315XF-885 Brushless Motor editions.

KDE2315XF-885:
UAS Multi-Rotor Brushless Motors
cts/kde2315xf-885

For reference, the installation manual for the motors to the Phantom 3
series is posted online, to help explain the details of the wiring and basic
requirements - similar process to the SOLO:

Installation Manual:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...allation_Instructions.pdf?7793233193574431098

Cheers.

Reactions: Roger Caplan
Check out Currentuas.com. Click on the hamburger stack (top right of the page), then click on store. They have all the parts to build/rebuild a Solo.

Cheaper to buy at BB for $299 right now and use it for parts. I did, but I'm going to have a hard time taking a perfect drone and breaking it down, might as well just use it as my go to when the other one breaks.

Get the pack pack one for $299, it comes with 8 propellers, drone, controller, gimbal, leg extenders, and the backpack.

Cheers.

If you really want to save money....Another alternative is replace the bad Solo Motors with the 3dr IRIS+ motors. I replaced mine with the 3dr IRIS+ motors and the Solo seems to fly fine without any issues. btw, using the Solo Props on these motors.

NOTE: The 3dr IRIS+ motors color code (Silver and Black) are backward (3dr IRIS+ silver rotation is Solo Black). However, when replacing the motors, the 3dr IRIS+ motors have the same coloring motor wires and the same exact soldering replacement position. Making replacement soldering a breeze!

The 3dr IRIS+ motors were on clearance for $4 each when they about to close up shop.

Attachments

• 20170515_200733.jpg
    20170515_200733.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170515_200753.jpg
    20170515_200753.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 46
IMHO, the best way to get Solo parts is buy a "parts" bird off of eBay. Several threads on the forum discuss this. From what I can tell more way than half of the parts birds from the preferred vendor are easily repaired to flying condition. They are currently selling for $60 with free shipping. My bird arrives tomorrow!

IMHO, the best way to get Solo parts is buy a "parts" bird off of eBay. Several threads on the forum discuss this. From what I can tell more way than half of the parts birds from the preferred vendor are easily repaired to flying condition. They are currently selling for $60 with free shipping. My bird arrives tomorrow!

Agree, one has to decide what works best. Just wanted to add another option if spare parts are available.

A precaution on the $60 solo ( though the price is exceptionally reasonable). There are other threads discuss this particular buy. Be aware that the 4 motors are not 100% in great condition. Most likely the motor bearings of at least 1 and/or up to 4 are bad. Mine came with 2 bad motor bearings.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Githens
Agree, once has to decide what works best. Just wanted to add another option if spare parts are available.

A precaution on the $60 solo ( though the price is exceptionally reasonable). There are other threads discuss this particular buy. Be aware that the 4 motors are not 100% in great condition. Most likely the motor bearings of at least 1 and/or up to 4 are bad. Mine came with 2 bad motor bearings.

My parts Solo just came in. Looks like it was never flown. Powers up nicely and gives me 4 green LEDs. Have not tried to pair it with one of my controllers yet. I'm very happy with my purchase!
71c275ecd7b7ebcc5d727b32965bf588.jpg

Reactions: RichWest
My parts Solo just came in. Looks like it was never flown. Powers up nicely and gives me 4 green LEDs. Have not tried to pair it with one of my controllers yet. I'm very happy with my purchase!

Nice! Congrats...

Happy flying :)

T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig