motor or propeller problem?

Reaction score
Hi 3Dr Community,
I am integrating this interesting group, since a week before.
I want to get your comments and suggestion about the following trouble. In my last mission, the propeller or motor position 2 (grey point one), showed an erratic sound as you can watch in the attached video.
I retired the propeller and the motor works well without the erratic sound. The problem returns when the propeller is again installed. Please , any idea of the problem,and any solution? thanks for your comments and suggestions.

VID_20180424_155754[1].mp4

What are the marks on the #2 prop tips, off white color? Did you crash Solo? If you move the prop to motor # 1, does the sound follow?

Without question motor #2 stops before the others when the unit was disarmed. Could be a very bad bearing or some object within the motor making contact with the bell housing.. Pull motor pod and blow it out with compressed air.

What are the marks on the #2 prop tips, off white color? Did you crash Solo? If you move the prop to motor # 1, does the sound follow?

Without question motor #2 stops before the others when the unit was disarmed. Could be a very bad bearing or some object within the motor making contact with the bell housing.. Pull motor pod and blow it out with compressed air.

Hi Rich, Mark on the #2 is the grey one, yes. I did not crash solo, this inconvenient just emerged when I tried to do my last flight. When I move the prop to #1 the sound continues.

I will try as you mention, pull the motor and blow it. After that, if the problem continues, Should I better replace the motor?. Thanks for your comments

When I move the prop to #1 the sound continues.
The sound stays with motor #2 or that the sound goes to motor #1 when the prop is moved to that motor?

Could easily be a deformed prop, video of props is typically misleading. Based on the video however, #2 stopped quickly, so it indicates being motor related.

I will try as you mention, pull the motor and blow it. After that, if the problem continues, Should I better replace the motor?. Thanks for your comments
Depending on availability of motor pods, yes replace the motor pod if it continues to be a problem. If you can not find a replacement motor pod, then I would suggest a bearing replacement.

Hi Rich,
I follow your suggestions. I blew the motor, but it did not work. Then I replaced the motor pod. Also, I will replace the bearing of the damaged one. I hope to save the repaired motor for the future.
Thanks for your comments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks