Mode / Exposure Settings On GoPro Hero 4 Black Changing Automatically

Reaction score
Hello - on my last three flights, my GoPro Hero 4 Black has changed from VIDEO mode to TIME-LAPSE mode. 15 minute flights are reduced to ~39 second videos. We checked the settings before putting the GoPro in, and after it was mounted before flight. However, at some point between satellite searching and take off, the mode is being changed automatically. Has anyone experienced this and determined what the problem is? Of course, we need to do more testing, but thought I would put this out there.

Not heard of it, might want to check a GP site as well.

Last edited:
i've used timelapse no problem. you just have to start it from the ground. solo will only switch gopro modes if you instruct it to or you enter a smart shot that requires the gopro to be in a certain mode (ie. pano).

if it persists, something is wrong and you should get support involved.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
Hello - on my last three flights, my GoPro Hero 4 Black has changed from VIDEO mode to TIME-LAPSE mode. 15 minute flights are reduced to ~39 second videos. We checked the settings before putting the GoPro in, and after it was mounted before flight. However, at some point between satellite searching and take off, the mode is being changed automatically. Has anyone experienced this and determined what the problem is? Of course, we need to do more testing, but thought I would put this out there.

Could it be you're putting it into a mode, and not completing the mode execute? I've done that a coupla times; If you put it into video mode (outside of the Solo), power it down, does it power up in Video mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado