Modded Go Pro doesn't fit gimbal?

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to fit a modded go pro onto the gimbal. I have a black bone modified 4 black and doesn't seem to fit. Short of buying a new go pro, any suggestions?

Thanks!

gimbal is made for the stock gopro, i mean even putting filters on it can throw it off slightly without counterweights. I think your best bet is just buying a stock hero 4.

gimbal is made for the stock gopro, i mean even putting filters on it can throw it off slightly without counterweights. I think your best bet is just buying a stock hero 4.

That sucks. Whats the worse that can happen? with an unbalanced gimbal?

i mean besides getting frustrated sometimes to get it properly balanced, overtime you could put too much stress on the gimbal motors and they burn out? Ive had an issue like that w a dji ronin where someone never bother to balance it properly and just over time it wore it out faster than it actually needed to be

i mean besides getting frustrated sometimes to get it properly balanced, overtime you could put too much stress on the gimbal motors and they burn out? Ive had an issue like that w a dji ronin where someone never bother to balance it properly and just over time it wore it out faster than it actually needed to be
I agree with you... He might be doing more harm then good...

Reactions: 1264_Solo

I might have to suffer those consequences at this point. I managed to get the camera on, did the stick calibration, etc and everything is working fine. How much shorter of a life span or we talking about? How many hours are we suppose to get out of this gimbal under normal circumstances? Also when it burns out, does it go in the trash or can we fix? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

I might have to suffer those consequences at this point. I managed to get the camera on, did the stick calibration, etc and everything is working fine. How much shorter of a life span or we talking about? How many hours are we suppose to get out of this gimbal under normal circumstances? Also when it burns out, does it go in the trash or can we fix? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Well Alex.. You can always try it and see what happens.. But that's taking a $400 chance..!! Gimbals are not cheep !!

Well Alex.. You can always try it and see what happens.. But that's taking a $400 chance..!! Gimbals are not cheep !!

I have to find out how many hours I can get out the gimbal under normal circumstances, as well as unbalanced. If I can get enough hours out of it, even if its shorter than expected, I can live with it. Sucks for me. At this point I'll sleep on it and see how I'm feeling about it then.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Alex

Reactions: Del
one of the 3dr pilots is flying with a custom ribcage from back-bone. the standard ribcage won't fit. there is a rumor that back-bone will release it as v2 hero4 mod kit. his could be a one-off from back-bone or the rumor could be true.

as far as present day, you'll have to use the ribcage on the ground and get another gopro for solo. that's what i do. ribcage h4b, 4.35mm h4b, 5.4mm h4b and stock h4b.

I would balance the gimbal. it really isn't that hard, and in adddition to making it last longer, it will make it work better. Use Velcro/double sided tape and stick the original weights and/or different coins to make it so the camera is flat and level with the power off.

I have a 5.44 lenses with hood, and stacked filters. I use all the weights and two quarters strategically placed to make it sit perfectly flat and level with the power off. If you get "limp gimbal" during flight, in your case, overworking is likely the cause.

I would balance the gimbal. it really isn't that hard, and in adddition to making it last longer, it will make it work better. Use Velcro/double sided tape and stick the original weights and/or different coins to make it so the camera is flat and level with the power off.

I have a 5.44 lenses with hood, and stacked filters. I use all the weights and two quarters strategically placed to make it sit perfectly flat and level with the power off. If you get "limp gimbal" during flight, in your case, overworking is likely the cause.
Can you post some pictures of your setup?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44