Mission Planner Viewing logs flight times

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
I have been flying my solo since December 16. I decided to download all the log files and looked at some of them in mission planner. I notice the flight times are not right, if I look at a txt file of a flight using auto analyse the flight time is 1 day 21 hours.

I loaded the same log file onto the drone log book website and the flight time is 50 minutes (I wish)

Looked at a few other log files and the flight times don't add up (one has 3 days)

Is there something I should of reset from the start ? I want to keep a log of all my flights and times but if its not accurate it isn't a correct log. Want to get my logs up to date before i fly more.

Does anyone have any ideas or come across the same problem

thank

Rob

Reactions: dogislucky
It's the .bin you want if I understand your question properly.

Hi David, I opened a bin file in mission planner and ran auto anaylis and this is what a got, duration 1 day 21 hours, same as in the txt file.

Log File C:\Users\Rob Power\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpD77C.tmp.log
Size (kb) 39409.82421875
No of lines 525895
Duration 1 day, 21:50:49
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version solo-1.3.1
Firmware Hash 7e9206cc
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Autotune = NA -
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = WARN - Moderate change in mag_field (34.38%)
Max mag field length (745.89) > recommended (550.00)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = WARN - FENCE
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.29, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Motor Balance = GOOD - Motor channel averages = [1518, 1516, 1478, 1501]
Average motor output = 1503
Difference between min and max motor averages = 40
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = NA -
Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
Test: Thrust = NA -
Test: VCC = GOOD -

This is a log from the other day, I know this flight was approx 15 min, log shows 2.22min

Log File C:\Users\Rob Power\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9D98.tmp.log
Size (kb) 22811.208984375
No of lines 318378
Duration 0:02:22
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version solo-1.3.1
Firmware Hash 7e9206cc
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 0
Test: Autotune = NA -
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (6.73%)
Max mag field length (677.55) > recommended (550.00)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.65, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Motor Balance = GOOD - Motor channel averages = [1504, 1463, 1482, 1434]
Average motor output = 1471
Difference between min and max motor averages = 70
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = NA -
Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
Test: Thrust = NA -
Test: VCC = GOOD -

That is very strange. I just auto analyzed a 1.5.3 log and a 3.5 Green Cube log and both show the duration of the time from when I powered the Solo on to when I powered it down.

That is very strange. I just auto analyzed a 1.5.3 log and a 3.5 Green Cube log and both show the duration of the time from when I powered the Solo on to when I powered it down.

It doesn't make sense. Not sure if there is a timer or parameter somewhere that needs resetting. Going to look at a couple more today and see if I cna make sense of it all.

The dataflash logs are best for trouble shooting but way too much detail for logging flights so IMO the tlogs are better.

Thanks for the advice Carpy, can the time set be done through mission planner ? Thanks, Rob
Well, that's a good question. Unfortunately the answer is no. If you have Solex I can show you how to get it done using the Commands window.

Here is more to the puzzle with my issue on times. I grabbed the gpx file from a couple of the flights and opened it in a generic gpx file reader and its shows the flight path on a map, elevations and the correct time. I have confirmed this with a couple of raw video files I shot during these flights. So even though the log file is showing weird flight times, the gpx file is showing correct flight times................strange.

I will still have a go at carpy's suggestion and see if it makes any difference but sounds like the correct flight times are there but not showing correct in the log.

I would be interested in that!
Well, what's that saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" so I figure a video is worth something right,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You really just need the one command "Update HW Clock" to work. I have it set to run at startup, but maybe that's overkill if you remember to run it every once in a while.

Almost everything uses the time from GPS, this is just me being a little anal and getting the HW clock closer to being in sync with the rest of the system. I assume what happens is when the Solo boots it uses the HW clock until it gets GPS time. If I dig around in the code I should be able to verify my assumption.

I would think the whole system would get the time of day from the GPS system.
You are right David. I need to dig around in the code to verify my assumption that it uses the HW clock when Solo boots until it gets the date/time from GPS.
Artoo on the other hand...I assume it gets the date/time from the connected device. And same sort of deal, gets the time from the HW clock at boot but resets the time after a device is connected.

All of our cell phones and everything have the same time I think. Who wears a watch?. What a world it has become

All of our cell phones and everything have the same time I think. Who wears a watch?. What a world it has become

I still wear a watch, its not a wind up type, it has a gps as i use for cycling. I must be "old school" if I go anywhere without a watch on I feel "not fully dressed "

I am going to try carpys suggestion and see if my log times correct, agree it must be getting time from gps as the gpx files opened in a gpx reader show correct time.

Maybe its because I am in Australia and thing are different here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig