Marco Polo retreval system.

You just clip it on the Solo and its ready to go. Does not interfere and was designed for this purpose.

I would get the version that Dirby is talking about. The Hybrid as the battery life is longer.

Here is a picture of my install. I have lost a Phantom several times because of pilot error. One time it was 1.5 miles from home and the other it was closer to 2 miles. The Marco Polo found it every time.

View attachment 349

This Marco Polo RC Tracking Device is all new to Me...and happy to of found a topic about it in the search ..glad to see that @rrmccabe is a Proud owner of the Marco Polo and sharing his experience and thoughts ! and thanks for the pic..it was very helpful..I was trying to figure out in my head where would you put it on the Solo so it didint interfere with anything !

But I would like to share my opinion and thoughts also if I may!

Iv watch a few YouTube videos and did some review reading on the net about the Marco Polo and doing all my research of the Pros and Cons of this product..and of course..the $$$!!
It's advertised for $219.97 on Amazon !! I find that it's quite a few buck just adding more expense to my already expensive hobby..!!
I see that's basically the only Con of it..
Now the Pro ..your average solo by its self flying in the sky is worth roughly $2500.00 with the Gopro..Gimbal...give or take depending what els you've added to your Solo!!
And if you lose it for some unexplained reason on a distance run of 1 to 3 miles a way if not more out in the middle of who knows where..now you just lost your Solo that you've just invested $2500.00 into..and it's not coming back..and you never had a Morco Polo attached to your Solo!
Im always thinking every time I go out flying..is the day that I will be going back home with out my Solo !! Everybody's nightmare!!!
Technology isn't a 100% perfect...so u should be prepared if the day ever happens when you lose it!! Don't wait till you lose it then try to figure it out!!
But from what Iv read on other threads is that not all hope is lost if you Don't have a tracking Device like the Marco Polo!
Your controller keeps GPS logs of last flight stored apparently ..so now all you have to do is drive back home and spend all this time to figure out how to find the logs of your last GPS reading upload them to your computer and figure out what everything means... So by the time you get threw all that pulling your hair out and finally getting the last GPS signal that it could be in..I'm pretty sure it's only gonna give you a rough ideal where it actually is..so you would still be doing a lot of searching on foot and hope you find it visually! It could even take you days before you find it..if finding it at all!!
Im kinda new to this and know for my self that I would have one hell of a time trying to figure out how to get access and read any kinda log files and what means what..seems like a lot of aggravation and Stress...and at the end of it all.. A pretty good chance never finding your investment!!
But im sure there's a lot of high tec guys out there that could use GPS log files and get there Solo back! But probably even with the best tec guys it would still be a very inconvenient Mission !
But for me... The Morco Polo will be for me!
For $219.97 is well worth it ...your getting that extra security of protecting your expensive investment the easy way ..flying with more confident and just think of the convenience..!! If you lose it ..grab your Marco Polo tracker and go get it..!! It's that easy!! No driving home spending countless frustrating hours trying to figure things out !!
I want to be the guy walking out of the bush with my Solo in my hand and the smile on my face . every time !

If you had the money to by the Solo..what's a few more hundred to protected it!

If there anybody els that has a Morco Polo on there Solo..please share your thoughts and experience ..would love to hear them!

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR

Tracker is a good investment for sure. The only problem with using log files is they are only current to where the RC last had contact. So if it loses GPS and flies away in wind with no contact back to RC controller they are not much help.

I have to admit I like the convenience of the GPS trackers that show a dot on the map as its much easier to drive straight to it. However I like not having to rely on GPS and cellular and the old school RF trackers are very robust. I have used the Marco Polo 3 times now to recover a quad. I also have 3 tags so I can use the same tracker on three different aircraft (girlfriends) ;)

I might add a Flytrex Live someday as I like their logging system which is automatically done for you in your online account. But will always have my Marco Polo on it !

Reactions: Del
Tracker is a good investment for sure. The only problem with using log files is they are only current to where the RC last had contact. So if it loses GPS and flies away in wind with no contact back to RC controller they are not much help.

I have to admit I like the convenience of the GPS trackers that show a dot on the map as its much easier to drive straight to it. However I like not having to rely on GPS and cellular and the old school RF trackers are very robust. I have used the Marco Polo 3 times now to recover a quad. I also have 3 tags so I can use the same tracker on three different aircraft (girlfriends) ;)

I might add a Flytrex Live someday as I like their logging system which is automatically done for you in your online account. But will always have my Marco Polo on it !
Girlfriends? Might be a 4th amendment violation. Ha.
Sounds like the ham radio hunts I did many years ago. Loop and tune for null.

Thanks again @rrmccabe for all your input and experience on this product..it was very helpful!
I just ordered my Marco Polo on line a few minutes ago and it should be here this week..!
It's more expensive for me being I live in Canada compared to the prices in the US ! But that's to be expected !
I'll post the link of the site where I ordered mine from ..just in case any of my Canadian friends on this forum are interested on protecting there envestment !!

Search results for: 'Marco polo rc tracker' - RobotShop

Fly Safe
Fly Smart
Fly 3DR
Fly with Marco Polo

Yea I've not thought into this too much since I fly line of sight most times but a huge part in me deciding on solo was the flyaway protection and controller black box, simply to make flying more fun and less stressful.

I've always been nervous to fly even long line of site missions cause I had two incidents with p2 where it became uncontrollable, both times it headed the other way and both were under 1000 feet out. Not sure why or what made these days different but I luckily ran like a bat out of hell with my controller up and goggles on top my head looking like I came running right outa Back to the Future but I did manage to regain control eventually and brought it back.

Actually the last time I ran around my house like mentioned and my daughters friends mom was dropping her daughter off, I no doubt looked like an idiot but I guess she needed a break cause she still left her child in our care. Mind you this was our first time meeting and she was not at all an unattractive woman so it was a bit of an amusing situation.

Basically I'm just saying I'll likley be getting one of these as well just simply for peace of mind while I'm flying. Ever since these incidents my p2 has been less fun for me cause I'm just waiting for the day it's going, going, gone.

Reactions: Del
I'm always thinking every time I go out flying..is the day that I will be going back home with out my Solo !! Everybody's nightmare!!!

You just hit the nail on the head for me, which is exactly why (with stellar input from rmccabe, thanks again) I bought a Marco Polo. Tim was amazing to deal with, quickly answering my many questions and then shipping incredibly fast.

While I have not had a chance to fly with it yet, I have done considerable testing and simulations since I got it. With a helper hiding the tag in very obscure spots, I can walk right up to it every time. It's amazing. One of the biggest selling points for me was the complete lack of dependency on GPS or cellular data, since it's totally autonomous (and no ongoing costs was an added plus). I fly near areas of remote, heavy forest and depending on any kind of outside signal is unlikely to work.

Just be sure to specify “23-gram, large battery RC Tag” when you order, and Tim will make yours the special "hybrid" model: RC antenna for long range, "pet model" battery for long life.

I can't wait for my first Solo flyaway! ;)

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Just be sure to specify “23-gram, large battery RC Tag” when you order, and Tim will make yours the special "hybrid" model: RC antenna for long range, "pet model" battery for long life.

I can't wait for my first Solo flyaway! ;)

He ordered from supplier in Canada so can't do that. Need to order from eureka direct as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

He ordered from supplier in Canada so can't do that. Need to order from eureka direct as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Right. This is currently a slightly customized version, so Tim needs to make it up. Again, thanks to you rmccabe for the input that helped me <ahem> land on Marco Polo.

I have to say the extra large battery really helps me. Nice not to have to stay on top of charging something else all the time. :mad:

Ordered. Right solution for the job. I've been flying over jungle from a mountain without this. Feel much better now with more chance of retrieval :)

This Marco Polo RC Tracking Device is all new to Me...and happy to of found a topic about it in the search ..glad to see that @rrmccabe is a Proud owner of the Marco Polo and sharing his experience and thoughts ! and thanks for the pic..it was very helpful..I was trying to figure out in my head where would you put it on the Solo so it didint interfere with anything !

But I would like to share my opinion and thoughts also if I may!

Iv watch a few YouTube videos and did some review reading on the net about the Marco Polo and doing all my research of the Pros and Cons of this product..and of course..the $$$!!
It's advertised for $219.97 on Amazon !! I find that it's quite a few buck just adding more expense to my already expensive hobby..!!
I see that's basically the only Con of it..
Now the Pro ..your average solo by its self flying in the sky is worth roughly $2500.00 with the Gopro..Gimbal...give or take depending what els you've added to your Solo!!
And if you lose it for some unexplained reason on a distance run of 1 to 3 miles a way if not more out in the middle of who knows where..now you just lost your Solo that you've just invested $2500.00 into..and it's not coming back..and you never had a Morco Polo attached to your Solo!
Im always thinking every time I go out flying..is the day that I will be going back home with out my Solo !! Everybody's nightmare!!!
Technology isn't a 100% perfect...so u should be prepared if the day ever happens when you lose it!! Don't wait till you lose it then try to figure it out!!
But from what Iv read on other threads is that not all hope is lost if you Don't have a tracking Device like the Marco Polo!
Your controller keeps GPS logs of last flight stored apparently ..so now all you have to do is drive back home and spend all this time to figure out how to find the logs of your last GPS reading upload them to your computer and figure out what everything means... So by the time you get threw all that pulling your hair out and finally getting the last GPS signal that it could be in..I'm pretty sure it's only gonna give you a rough ideal where it actually is..so you would still be doing a lot of searching on foot and hope you find it visually! It could even take you days before you find it..if finding it at all!!
Im kinda new to this and know for my self that I would have one hell of a time trying to figure out how to get access and read any kinda log files and what means what..seems like a lot of aggravation and Stress...and at the end of it all.. A pretty good chance never finding your investment!!
But im sure there's a lot of high tec guys out there that could use GPS log files and get there Solo back! But probably even with the best tec guys it would still be a very inconvenient Mission !
But for me... The Morco Polo will be for me!
For $219.97 is well worth it ...your getting that extra security of protecting your expensive investment the easy way ..flying with more confident and just think of the convenience..!! If you lose it ..grab your Marco Polo tracker and go get it..!! It's that easy!! No driving home spending countless frustrating hours trying to figure things out !!
I want to be the guy walking out of the bush with my Solo in my hand and the smile on my face . every time !

If you had the money to by the Solo..what's a few more hundred to protected it!

If there anybody els that has a Morco Polo on there Solo..please share your thoughts and experience ..would love to hear them!

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR
if you realy want to go expencive than try one of theese.
this is what i use in my Free Flight models.
3 mile range on the ground.they do work

That one does carry a hefty price tag ..wow!!! And bulky too..
Actuly the tx in the middle is smaller than the Marco Polo and only weigh 12 Grams.

I got the FPVLR V1 and the range is still only about 1800' Over San Francisco Bay. What are some of the other mods for Distance. I looked but the site is a little cluttered?

I got the FPVLR V1 and the range is still only about 1800' Over San Francisco Bay. What are some of the other mods for Distance. I looked but the site is a little cluttered?

I would look in other areas. Try to get out of the city for a test. I would expect those antennas should take you to 10,000'. I would expect stock antennas should go 1800' over bay.

Was it windy? Once the Solo starts pitching around in wind it will lose connection and RTH. Have to go easy if you are trying for distance.

It was a little windy. My friend got 3200 feet across the bay no wind same set up. Need to get out of town. Will try coast soon.

I have it on all my quads. Here is my review with it in use in the mountains and no cell service.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jibcamera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus