Manfrotto D1 Backpack for drones

Hard to say without looking at the interior. Have you seen the Solo backpack? It is designed specifically for Solo, and can carry pretty much everything you would need.

Yes, I've seen it and it looks really nice. But the Manfrotto bag lets me carry my laptop and stills camera for a complete kit from shooting to editing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With what you want, the 3DR backpack may be too small. Just be sure all of your Solo gear is secure in whatever you get. Good luck and safe flying.

Reactions: JelleNL
I can make a plug for the Think Tank Helipak. Although it's formed for the Phantom, you can move the dividers around. It fits the Solo beautifully once you do. It can hold up to a 17" laptop, in addition to everything you need. It's carry-on friendly and fairly light-weight. I've had another Think Tank case for my photography gear for over 7 years and it's the most durable bag I have owned.

Airport Helipak™ for DJI Phantom • Think Tank Photo

That would probably work for JLJ, due to his camera equipment and laptop he wants to carry. For a dedicated quad backpack, I like the 3DR specs and the price is reasonable.

I can make a plug for the Think Tank Helipak. Although it's formed for the Phantom, you can move the dividers around. It fits the Solo beautifully once you do. It can hold up to a 17" laptop, in addition to everything you need. It's carry-on friendly and fairly light-weight. I've had another Think Tank case for my photography gear for over 7 years and it's the most durable bag I have owned.

Airport Helipak[emoji769] for DJI Phantom • Think Tank Photo

That is an interesting bag. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it!

That would probably work for JLJ, due to his camera equipment and laptop he wants to carry. For a dedicated quad backpack, I like the 3DR specs and the price is reasonable.

I like the 3DR bag a lot due to its design, but here in Europe it costs something like $215. Quite a bit more than the reasonable $149 in the States. I hate that everything is so much more expensive here in Europe. The whole Solo kit I want to buy next month costs me well over $1000 more here then in the States. Just Solo itself is $400 more expensive! Almost makes me think about flying there to get it and having a 'free' holiday...

Interesting. How much does the original box protect? Will it hold for frequent use?

Yeah I think it does. I am using it for 3 month now and no problems. I am not flying very often though (1-2 times per week)

I have the Solo backpack and it passed as a "personal item" at least on Spirit Airlines so there were no extra fees I had to pay. A carry on bag ranges between $36 and $45 each way ($9 Fare Club vs regular price). Essentailly my Solo backpack saved me $36 X 2 just in not having to pay for a "carry on" on my trip to Costa Rica this past week. One more round trip flight and the bag wil have paid for itself (got mine on Ebay slightly used for $130). P.S. The Solo flew beautifully at the beach and over the jungle in Costa Rica!

Attachments

• GOPR0273.JPG
    GOPR0273.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 01_GoPro_299-330_Stitch.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members