M8n and solex questions

Reaction score
I have upgraded to the M8n, and while it has been great, i have a new problem that i'm wondering if it is connected to it.
regularly(almost every single time) on boot up i get magnetic interferance. if i hold the Solo while i am getting that message it will proceed to RTF. usually, sometimes it takes a bit on finangling to do so.

as for the solex question, i can't get follow me mode to function, even after watching the tutorial, i cannot get it to follow optically (draw the box, etc)

any thoughts?

Not sure about the Solex follow problem. As far as magnetic interference, where are you launching from? Be careful of concrete driveways, the rebar will cause issue.

Reactions: speatuk
I have upgraded to the M8n, and while it has been great, i have a new problem that i'm wondering if it is connected to it.
regularly(almost every single time) on boot up i get magnetic interferance. if i hold the Solo while i am getting that message it will proceed to RTF. usually, sometimes it takes a bit on finangling to do so.

as for the solex question, i can't get follow me mode to function, even after watching the tutorial, i cannot get it to follow optically (draw the box, etc)

any thoughts?

Obviously the solo must be in the air when you are trying to activate the optical follow.

As you I am having the same issues not to fear though , @Kelly is aware of the problem I'm sure he will look into it and rectify. Patience my friend patience.

:)

Reactions: DOA7791

This error happens under one of two conditions: 1 is you're trying to turn it on too close to metal objects that interfere. Or 2, the compass calibration is bad. I suggest you redo the compass calibration. Make sure you're outdoors, away from buildings, vehicles, power lines, reinforced concrete pads, and other sources of magnetic interference when you do the calibration.

This error happens under one of two conditions: 1 is you're trying to turn it on too close to metal objects that interfere. Or 2, the compass calibration is bad. I suggest you redo the compass calibration. Make sure you're outdoors, away from buildings, vehicles, power lines, reinforced concrete pads, and other sources of magnetic interference when you do the calibration.
P2P, i know i can find it, but what is the recalibration process?

also as for the starting locations, ive tried many various locales. sand at the beach, wooden pier, grass in my yard, my deck, even inside (just for giggles) definitely must need a recal. i was actually wondering if the spacer "could" be necessary for some reason.

as for solex, still have questions there.

The compass and level calibration in the Solo app. You did it when you first got the solo, right after the software update. The GPS and shield are unrelated.

Reactions: DOA7791

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig