Low low Solo

Reaction score
I love my Solo, it is the only drone I own that can follow with the precision required to get down low. I fly Solo down in the dirt literally. The sticks override the follow mode well and are precise enough to steer clear of a bushes or over a rock. This Solo has hundreds of hours on it mostly in the desert following Jeeps in harsh environments. Solo is underrated and overlooked IMO when compared to the other guys who I also own but would not, nor could do this with. Occasionally I clip a bush but Solo recovers well as you can see:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I appreciate you posting videos, it's an interesting perspective...your jeep upgrade videos. It just works.

Just curious, what filter are you using at 10 seconds on and where in the heck are you located?

I appreciate you posting videos, it's an interesting perspective...your jeep upgrade videos. It just works.

Just curious, what filter are you using at 10 seconds on and where in the heck are you located?

ND4, Mt. Potosi on back side of Redrock.

Reactions: RichWest
Nice video for comparison on follow me mode. I film while driving my truck. I never have a problem.

You can fly VERY low, skimming along the ground, if you constantly watch BOTH the drone and its shadow. This trick obviously doesn't work at high noon. Some would say it's nerve wracking, but I think of it as an adrenaline rush. Made this example with a Solo 14 months ago before I owned any ND filters. Solo gets within inches of the creek bed.

Nice. I like to see other ways to get ideas, for photagraphy.

Using dynamic altitude with a Mini 4 means I only have to make slight altitude corrections even on steep trails. This is a big advantage over my P4 with VPS or P3 with no altitude control (with GO) and makes it safer following down low..

Scrapped 3 bushes this day:) Don't worry no Solo's were hurt in the production of this video.

Scrapped 3 bushes this day:) Don't worry no Solo's were hurt in the production of this video.
Maybe you meant scraped three bushes. Nice follow me video. Thanks for sharing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig