Lost auto on for GoPro Hero 3+ Black

Reaction score
After the latest updates, I lost the ability to have my Hero 3+ Black power on with Solo. I tried everything I could think of, so got online with 3DR chat support. After confirming I was up to date on all firmware, Owen informed me that GoPro wouldn't update the 3+Black to keep that particular function. All camera functions now and in future updates will still work with the 3+Black, as per the agreement between 3DR and GoPro. I guess since they are coming out with their own bird, small things we are used to with the 3+Black, may fall by the wayside. For now, I guess turning my GoPro on before powering up Solo is a small price to pay for what is still available to me during flight, and doesn't quite justify the price of a new Hero 4 Black yet (according to the Mrs., anyway). I will keep working on her......:rolleyes::D

Thanks Chuck. I discovered the same thing yesterday when I finally updated my software. 3+ black powered on with previous software version, now I have to power it on. Not that big of a deal, but I did like that feature and it doesn't make sense that they disabled it on 3+ while adding it to the 4.

Yep, same here. I thought I read that someone solved this issue, but I guess not.

Sure is a pain when you get to where you want to be and you can't fire the camera.

I'm having trouble getting access to the camera controls while in the Solo App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44