Looks like 3DR Services is almost ready for an update (1.5.3-Android)

HOW?

My Play store still shows 1.5.2 as current :mad:

Edit- never mind, it's shows up now....

Last edited:
Still had a Services crash mid flight. One out of two batteries worth of air time.

I've had my 3DR Services app crash repeatedly in-flight... I press OK and have a loss of connection for about 1 or 2 seconds until everything reconnects.

I haven't seen this since the first or second day I had my solo, but lately it seems like I get one or more every 1-3 batteries or so. Has anyone noticed stability issues with 1.5.2 Services and perhaps the Samsung S7 / Android 6.0.1?

Chris

I've just recently experienced a problem when running Tower on a Samsung Tab S ... Mission one went well. Mission two the tablet froze and at one point the screen went black. The tab did not respond to any of my touching, button pressing or obscenities ... Honesty I'm not sure if I rebooted the tablet or it did it on its own. After a reboot all was well and good. Follow up to this ... I power everything down after each flight and power up in the same sequence ...

I always stand on one leg and point my index finger north and my left great tow pointing east ... Ok so I like drama

Reactions: cameraguy
Still had a Services crash mid flight. One out of two batteries worth of air time.

What happens to your personal control of the aircraft when this happens. I'm an iPad user, but would like to try an older Android tablet so I can use Tower and some of the new services apps being developed, but I'm afraid of a flyaway.

Thanks

I've just recently experienced a problem when running Tower on a Samsung Tab S ... Mission one went well. Mission two the tablet froze and at one point the screen went black. The tab did not respond to any of my touching, button pressing or obscenities ... Honesty I'm not sure if I rebooted the tablet or it did it on its own. After a reboot all was well and good. Follow up to this ... I power everything down after each flight and power up in the same sequence ...

I always stand on one leg and point my index finger north and my left great tow pointing east ... Ok so I like drama

A couple of things.

Try the obscenities first in ALL situations. Make sure anyone in a 1km radius can hear.
Second, change your stand. You have it backwards.

I always go to church befor flying. After all, I'm going into HIS airspace....

Seriously, keep us posted. I assume everything is updated. Are you using a booster for your wifi connection?

What happens to your personal control of the aircraft when this happens. I'm an iPad user, but would like to try an older Android tablet so I can use Tower and some of the new services apps being developed, but I'm afraid of a flyaway.

Thanks
Nothing happens, as far as your ability to control Solo. Remember, unlike other systems, Solo control is coming either from the controller, or if in guided mode, the Solo FC. The only time the controller is sending anything while flying is during Follow. and then it just GPS to the next point. But at anytime the controller has the last word, and if Solo can't hear the controller, it comes home. Remember also, the tablet is not needed to fly or keep flying. I often go out for fun without it and just fly the Solo.

Reactions: cameraguy and J R

Thanks

Hi guy, Android says it crashed, ad asks to "report" or OK. if you say OK, it just drops connection to Solo for about 1.5 seconds and comes back. But if you were just setting up a Cable cam or some such, it's cleared and you need to start over on it. It's one of those not too bad thing but a pain in the arse when you get unlucky. Btw, if you say "report" then a reporting dialog pops up which is much more annoying as it takes you away from getting back to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buildnfly