Level Calibration error after two batteries - heat?

Reaction score
So, for a good while now, after two batteries, my stock solo gives me the level calibration error. When it first started doing this, I could do the calibration and it was fine, but no longer. If I wait an hour or more, it works fine. Is there an issue with it getting hot and having this error? Because eventually it goes away. This thing is about to hit the 1 year mark, so if it's something defective, I want to get an RMA going. Thoughts?

Whenever I switch batteries, I don't connect the battery until it's on the ground level. Though, if it's the first battery of the day, I can launch from not perfectly level surfaces. I have 4 batteries in my bag and I rotate them in random order, so it's happening with all of them.

Had the same problem after 10 min of cool down you can calibrate and fly . Start the RMA 3dr is not dead have your receipt. And be prepared for a lot of back and forth emails but in three weeks you will have a new refurbished solo good luck mate

Had the same problem after 10 min of cool down you can calibrate and fly . Start the RMA 3dr is not dead have your receipt. And be prepared for a lot of back and forth emails but in three weeks you will have a new refurbished solo good luck mate

Thanks. I emailed 3dr to start the RMA. I bought it July 3 last year so I'm cutting it close. I should have taken care of this a while ago but I thought it was operator error.

Do you know what the actual problem with yours was?

I'll have to try the 10 minute cool down with mine. I've tried removing batteries, etc, and have gone much longer than 10 mins without flying, but not 10 mins without power going to anything.

If I wait an hour or more, mine is usually good and doesn't even ask for the calibration anymore.

I guess when the pix hawk get warm or hot the level calibration gets wacky let it cool down your good but on hot days flying there's on cool day .just save the receipt 3DR will send you another.

The parrot drones have a tiny muffin fan to cool down the flight controller. I wonder if we 3d print an accessory Bay door with vents and a tiny muffin fan blowing out it would help ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44