Leg extensions

Reaction score
I have these available for $5.00 plus shipping and I have the most time to make them on the weekend for those getting a gimbal and want a little more clearance. They will give you about 25mm more clearance( at least with my Tarrot gimbal. The weigh 2.4 grams and I can print them with or without the S. They do fit snugly in the Solo Backpack
S Leg small.jpg

Reactions: 1264_Solo and Del
Someone has said that the go professional case is the same as the backpack so if that is the case yes it will fit snugly and if not I could bend the end down more straight and it would. For anyone interested I need to know if you want them with an S cut out of them or solid black. Send your mailing info to [email protected] and that is also my paypal address .
Shipping is $2.00 for First Class mail and $6.75 for Priorty mail (seams crazy for a $5.00 item)

Just sent you an email Rich :D

This is perfect and is a definitely an add-on that should be done just to be safe cuz Dodge is right on on another thread, that is really close to the ground. One bad landing and that gimbal.... yeah.. there goes $400.

I have these available for $5.00 plus shipping and I have the most time to make them on the weekend for those getting a gimbal and want a little more clearance. They will give you about 25mm more clearance( at least with my Tarrot gimbal. The weigh 2.4 grams and I can print them with or without the S. They do fit snugly in the Solo Backpack
View attachment 866

where can I make my purchase :)

Send me $5.00 plus shipping $2.00 for first class or $6.75 for Priority Mail. Send it via Paypal to [email protected]. Last night I also did a redesign that will slide into the Solo Backpack easier(the bent leg version) so you have to let me know which you would want straight or bentBent Leg small.jpg

Reactions: 1264_Solo
These look great! I am somewhat amazed that 3DR did not think of this, but sure glad you did.
I will be purchasing a set also.

Got them Rich, fast too! Thanks for this, everyone should get these. Anyway to rubberize the bottoms just to help absorb impact of landing? If not I'll look into some DIY but these extensions make the solo look awesome and you get a very nice clearance from the GoPro.

View media item 69View media item 70

It wouldn't be a lot of cushioning but you could try dipping them in the stuff at hardware stores to put on the handles of tools, but I don't know if it would affect the plastic. I see if I can find something and try it tomorrow on a scarp piece

Got them Rich, fast too! Thanks for this, everyone should get these. Anyway to rubberize the bottoms just to help absorb impact of landing? If not I'll look into some DIY but these extensions make the solo look awesome and you get a very nice clearance from the GoPro.

View media item 69View media item 70
How about a little silicone? You can get it in black and just apply a small amount to the underside. After it wears off some, re-apply. That's what I am going to try.

ABS is really sensitive to solvents I don't know about silicone. Acetone will dissolve them so I'd avoid landing in a tub of it but it would probable dissolve the rest of solo.

How about a little silicone? You can get it in black and just apply a small amount to the underside. After it wears off some, re-apply. That's what I am going to try.
awesome bro, please post a pic! I'd love to see the final look!

The GPS case barely has extra room in the height. I just took my Solo in the GPS case to Alaska from Ohio by carryon. Then a huge trip in and out of an rv, 4 wheeler and miles of terrain. Got used well there.
The motor threads has wore a hole through the upper padding and minor surface wear has shown on the inside of the upper lid.
Guess I am saying this probably isn'tgoing to work in the GPS case when installed.

The GPS case barely has extra room in the height. I just took my Solo in the GPS case to Alaska from Ohio by carryon. Then a huge trip in and out of an rv, 4 wheeler and miles of terrain. Got used well there.
The motor threads has wore a hole through the upper padding and minor surface wear has shown on the inside of the upper lid.
Guess I am saying this probably isn'tgoing to work in the GPS case when installed.
Hey UAS.....I was wondering if you got the straight or bent extensions? I ordered the bent ones for the extra bit of room while in the case, so I was curious which ones you got.

Hey UAS.....I was wondering if you got the straight or bent extensions? I ordered the bent ones for the extra bit of room while in the case, so I was curious which ones you got.

I don't have them but I really do want a set. They are wicked.
My gpc case just does not SEEM to have room for them installed on solo in the case. As my Solo without extensions moved around enough to wear holes into the upper case padding on its first vacation.
I will be following up with GPC on this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig