Land... in your hand.

The Phantom hand catchers recommend bringing the drone down to a hover at slightly above shoulder height several feet away, then walk up to it, grab a leg and then shut the motors down.

I use UAVbits.com landing pad attached to my tripod - gives me a level launch/landing platform regardless of the terrain. As a micro-vascular surgeon and a concert pianist, I can't risk harming my hands.

Ok, I can't play the piano, I'm not a MD, but I am a chicken when it comes to pain...
As a micro-vascular surgeon and a concert pianist, I can't risk harming my hands.
Wow- you almost had me there. I am an M.D. and I know all vascular surgery is "micro". A real surgeon would just say he was a vascular surgeon. (I can't play the piano either.)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
so you are saying if I dont think about it, and i want to descend while rotating left it will kill my motors?
That's the way it worked before the Solo existed. I have not tried it but I would not be surprised if that were the case. You can descend and yaw left continuously without going to the max bottom left. But for folks who are new to this, I'd be surprised if 3DR didn't build logic that says to not disarm if it's still flying.

Can anybody confirm this?

Solo doesn't care how high it hovers. Unless you are trying to land on the side of a cliff, why not just bring it to a hover just a few inches off the ground and use the kill sequence?
i think im going to try practicing this'

has anyone tried this?

If you pull down and left on the left stick before it's touched down will that not just yaw and decsend?

i think im going to try practicing this'

has anyone tried this?

If you pull down and left on the left stick before it's touched down will that not just yaw and decsend?
Correct- also, if you land while still in DRIFT mode, the left stick will not shut the motors down. If you pull down then left, Solo will roll over on its left side with motors still spinning. Very bad..:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44