Just picked mine up and very happy

Reaction score
I spent the last year drooling over he 3DR and owing my research. Was *This Close* to getting the Thyphoon G and when I saw the bundle deal at BestBuy I had to give things another round or research. Finally pulled the trigger and am very happy.

I'm a professional videographer/editor for 20+ years. Been flying drones (cheap toys) for the last year getting some practice in. Now I am learning the Solo step by step and loving the build quality and ease of operation so far. I installed the updates and next step is to get the gimbal mounted and set to carry my Hero4 Black.

I'm on the Gulf coast of Florida and have a bazillion airports near me, according to all the red areas on the app, so wondering just where I'm going to fly this bird but I'm looking forward to the maiden voyage.

Very happy to have found this forum!
Perry

Welcome Perry- glad to have you aboard!
The users manual will answer many of your questions:
User Manual | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
(Just in case you haven't gotten to it yet)
Lots of good information and good people here so don't be afraid to ask questions!
Solo is a great platform as long as you learn how to use it properly.:)

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Thanks Maddog! The manual link was very useful today and saved me a lot of frustration. Taking my time to learn the Solo and all its features.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Maddog
many of those red areas are fine if you call and notify them you are flying.
Solo is great out of the box, but not impossible to crash or damage.
learn as much as you can, ask a lot of questions. Good group here to help out.

BTW thank you for the nice entry to the forum. It was refreshing to see someone enter properly

Thanks Pyrate! I got the gimbal installed ang GoPro feeding me a solid signal. Just so impressed with this thing. Looking forward to making good use of the forums!
Thanks for the welcome!

A++ for reading and practicing ahead. I'm sure you'll be happy with it and the community here is super helpful! (I joined yesterday, ha)

I spent the last year drooling over he 3DR and owing my research. Was *This Close* to getting the Thyphoon G and when I saw the bundle deal at BestBuy I had to give things another round or research. Finally pulled the trigger and am very happy.

I'm a professional videographer/editor for 20+ years. Been flying drones (cheap toys) for the last year getting some practice in. Now I am learning the Solo step by step and loving the build quality and ease of operation so far. I installed the updates and next step is to get the gimbal mounted and set to carry my Hero4 Black.

I'm on the Gulf coast of Florida and have a bazillion airports near me, according to all the red areas on the app, so wondering just where I'm going to fly this bird but I'm looking forward to the maiden voyage.

Perry
Welcome Perry. I'm on the East coast (Space Coast area) and have the same issue over here with red circle areas so I've been having to drive out to my fishing camp to practice. Just like you I was trying to decide between the Typhoon H and the 3DR and when Best Buy dropped their price to $600 that was the deciding factor.

Perry
Hi Perry and welcome. Have you registered with the FAA yet? They answer many questions including the one you posted on their site: sUAS Registration

If you haven't yet, I'd give that a good read (as well as registering) as you will be held responsible for the following the rules and procedures. You can fly in red areas, as long as you get permission from the tower, which is actually pretty easy to do.

Hi Perry and welcome. Have you registered with the FAA yet? They answer many questions including the one you posted on their site: sUAS Registration

If you haven't yet, I'd give that a good read (as well as registering) as you will be held responsible for the following the rules and procedures. You can fly in red areas, as long as you get permission from the tower, which is actually pretty easy to do.
I thought if you were only 'HOBBY' flying you didn't have to register, only if you were going to fly for commercial purposes.

Hey Steve! Yes I registered as soon as I got home from BestBuy :)

Welcome Perry. I'm on the East coast (Space Coast area) and have the same issue over here with red circle areas so I've been having to drive out to my fishing camp to practice. Just like you I was trying to decide between the Typhoon H and the 3DR and when Best Buy dropped their price to $600 that was the deciding factor.
Yes!!! That $600 off was quite the motivator AND it was for the drone I'd been eyeing fir awhile. Got registered, all put together and linked (even calibrated it!) and ready to fly this weekend. Been traveling a lot for work so I've really been looking forward to the weekend.
Thanks for the welcome!

A++ for reading and practicing ahead. I'm sure you'll be happy with it and the community here is super helpful! (I joined yesterday, ha)
Nice! Been reading the manual and getting my head around all the "automation" this offers. Can't wait to fly this weekend!

Reactions: aidanlou

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig