Just another windmill...

Very nice, Rich. It was pretty cool when the sun shined through the windmill dead center during the first orbit. I have always liked old windmills. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RichWest
Yes, I want your camera and editing settings. That is nice and clean. Really nice work with the music. Perfect.

2.7K 60 M, EV Comp -0.5 (?? wish the meta data had all the details)
SRP CP filter only
ProTune GoPro Color
I default to Erik's advice for settings from his GP thread, for the average user settings.

I thought about tweaking color and such, but left this as is from the camera or how GP Studio converts. Still learning, sunrise/sunset shoots I'll typically disable PT and/or remove the filter as the light diminishes. It just depends on how the highlights look through my phone. I use EV comp a lot as a tool on the fly, rarely beyond +/- 0.5.

I find the changing light through the GP fascinating, once the vibes are reduced. The windmill offers a complex object to study this light at all angles and elevations. I have 4 batteries worth of video at this one outing and subject area. Prior to day-break through this video.

Reactions: Maddog
I've always wanted to fly my solo around one of the big wind turbines I pass when I'm driving out to Iowa but not sure about the legality of it, always chickened out

Birds do it all the time, not sure of the strike rate however. Really it is an issue from the land owner's perspective more than the turbine owner. It could be considered trespassing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig