Is there a set firmware needed for hero 3+ black

Reaction score
I having all sorts of trouble getting go pros to work properly with the gimble. My 3+black will not stream video or allow the controller to start and stop video recording. I've done all the tricks suggested but nothing works. I switched to a 4black and got video but the controller still did not start video recording. I'm beginning to think its the firmware version on both. Is there a certain version that is needed in order for each camera to work with the gimble? The bad thing about both is that the record button on each camera is covered up by the gimble bracket so I'm screwed for recording video manually.

My GP 3+black is v3.0, and it works fine. Double check the Solo, controller, and app are all current. I can start/stop recording from the button on the screen as well as by pushing down on the gimbal control paddle. I wish you luck....

The HERO3+ Black Edition needs v03.03 | September 2, 2015 to work properly with the gimbal. It will not update wirelessly and has to be done manually.

Hmmmm. Now I'm really perplexed. My 3+ black is set to 3.03 and the 4 is using the latest. Still, neither are working by controller and I can't hit record myself. It's irritating. I guess it's time to call 3DR...

Most likely the problem is that your HDMI cable is faulty. I have the same issue. I think its rather ridiculous how many people are having issues with video preview. For a company like 3DR to have a better marketing campaign than the product has become the norm in the world. Its rather frustrating. Not to mention, I called 3DR about 4 weeks ago and still haven't received a replacement hdmi cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig