Is it time to unload Solo?

Easy there, the solo isn't holding its value much better. Seems to me the retailer's can't give them away, they've tried and they are still overstocked. And how long has the p2 been out compared to solo?

I totally understand that and I'm not saying it is, I'm saying that none of these will hold their value beyond a year or at best two. It's tech and if you want in early you pay for it was my main point. People unloading any of these after buying new are likely to take a big hit after a few months. I didn't buy mine to sell or invest, I bought it to fly, film and have fun with. Your much more likely to make your money back working with your bird than selling it.

Reactions: Solo Keith
there is already a vendor selling 3rd party solo batteries in the UK
Just picked one up off amazon (third party battery), mind you after receiving it it looks to be a 3DR battery with different stickers on the bottom side and a thin plastic piece on top covering the 3DR logo (I can actually see the shape of the 3dr logo under this thing plastic piece)? Not sure what's up with that.

I've never flown a p123 or 4, so I have no comment. But if the solo is even slightly better than the Iris+, I'm good. I love my Iris+...and BTW that bird has been completely dropped by 3dr

Also there really is no reason to post here that you're ditching solo to buy a phantom, no one cares:cool:. Unless you are posting to sell your solo, just go and do it. Enjoy

Sweet so batteries are covered. Good find pyrate. I hope the voltage is a typo in the desc. The watts are so i assume they just made an accident.

Looks like we're good to go even if 3dr stopped selling parts which they wont. They are still pitching the solo in the enterprise and will need parts for another few years. If ppl expect to be flying the same in 3 years i think your expectations are misaligned. Sure it will still fly in 3 years time but ppl will have moved to the next best one.

I swear ppl over analyze things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Solo Keith
That description for the battery is odd:
  • Type: Li-ion, Voltage: 10.8v, Capacity: 5200mAh/56.16Wh
Neither the voltage or Wh is correct. Misprint?

But if the solo is even slightly better than the Iris+, I'm good. I love my Iris+...and BTW that bird has been completely dropped by 3dr

They released the parts design so you can 3d print spares. Not many companies would do that.

They released the parts design so you can 3d print spares. Not many companies would do that.

Exactly. My experience with them has been great, which is one reason I purchased the Solo.

That description for the battery is odd:
  • Type: Li-ion, Voltage: 10.8v, Capacity: 5200mAh/56.16Wh
Neither the voltage or Wh is correct. Misprint?
On the title its right the desc is wrong (for Wh). Id suggest its a misprint but to be safe contact them to be sure.

The ad lists the voltage at 10.4. That doesn't sound right.
Did you read the thread? Already identified and we think its a misprint as the title is ok but description is incorrect. Recommend that if your interested to contact them to clarify.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks