Installed the new update, can't communicate with Gopro (no gimbal)

Reaction score
I just loaded the new update and now I can't see a live feed. It says to check the HDMI cable. I checked everything and restarted the app, phone, solo and controller. It was working just before the update. Any ideas?

I just loaded the new update and now I can't see a live feed. It says to check the HDMI cable. I checked everything and restarted the app, phone, solo and controller. It was working just before the update. Any ideas?
Guessing. But after all are started and connected, unplug and replug HDMI cable?

i know its a daft q. but make sure the gopro is working and you can see the pic at least then you know the gorpo is working 100% then check the lead ends then reinstall the update

not sure but check what ver you got then down load the app the check the new ver once the solo has got the new update

Ok. those recent updates were for the GP 3...

Latest release:

HERO4 Black v03.00.00 | July 30, 2015

HERO4 Silver v03.00.00 | July 30, 2015

Looks like I'm up to date. I won't be flying much until I get my gimbal but since I gave up on BH and ordered direct from 3DR on Friday I should have it in a week. lol

I'll see if it works once I have the gimbal installed.

Reactions: Raybro
Looks like I'm up to date. I won't be flying much until I get my gimbal but since I gave up on BH and ordered direct from 3DR on Friday I should have it in a week. lol

I'll see if it works once I have the gimbal installed.
Probably before I get mine...;)

Check to make sure the gopro isn't frozen. Sometimes you have to pull the battery out. Wish I could reproduce the gopro freezing problem i run into on occasion. I actually returned my first hero4black cuz it would freeze at random times.

Picked my gimbal today at BB. Fairly easy istall. The gimbal worked fine except the image was inverted. No problem. I decided to use wifi to change the orientstion because I wanted to run through all the other settings anyway. The app also I neded to update which I did. After the update I don't hsve video and Solo tells me I need to update.My GoPro. There is no thing to update to.
I tried every thing I know to fix it. Anyone had this happen

What software was updated exactly?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

The GoPro camera (3+) software was updated via the GoPro app using WiFi.

Is wifi supposed to be on or off on ? reboot everything and make sure the GoPro connection to the gimbal is secure. I don't have a gimbal but most of my 'no video' problems were caused by the GoPro being locked up/frozen or the HDMI cable not being all the way in or the solo app had to be killed and restarted. What GoPro you got?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44