If not Solo or DJI, what?

Reaction score
Of course this is a Solo Discussion, but if I may be forgiven for asking, those of you who have given up on waiting for a viable whole system from 3DR-- what alternatives are you considering? I've had a DJI Vision + and Phantom 2 and now this gimbal-less Solo and not overly excited about going back to DJI.

Being fairly new to this I'm not at all familiar with what probably are other viable alternatives with comparable features. Seems like DJI & 3DR get all the press these days but perhaps some folks here with more experience with drones could share some thoughts as to what other manufacturers might be worth considering?

Dont be surprised if the Solo abandoned rate is much lower than the posts on here might suggest. I did extensive research on Yuneec, DJI and 3Dr DJI will never get a dime from me ever. Yuneec seems to have better customer support and a pretty good product but is proprietary like DJI. Thus I am going with 3Dr for the long term. Having said that if 3dr was not an option, it would be Yuneec for me.

As long as this release is taking for a complete crafts, there will be several new quad copters out including the GoPro one.

Here are another 3

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

XIRO Xplorer Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter with 1080p FHD FPV live Video Camera and 3 Axis Gimbal - V Version - Passion Drone

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like there is going to be a lot more competition. That Atlas Erida footage looks horrible though. I can't believe they used it for their marketing video. And the NEO looks badass but it's totally out of the league of Solo. They're showing it flying a $35,000 Red Epic so it had better get good footage. But I'm sure it will be in the $15,000+ price range

superman-toy-drone.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado