I must be missing something here. . .

Reaction score
Website
dattagroover.com
Had my first solo flight yesterday with a gimbal, and had 2 big WTF? moments.

1) from the Solo app, my GoPro 4 Black would not start recording when I pressed the red button (on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge). I had to start the camera recording manually.

2) where does it show (on the controller or the App) which compass direction the Solo is pointing?

Good morning. Curious what mode you out your go pro in? Photo, video or video/photo?

Had my first solo flight yesterday with a gimbal, and had 2 big WTF? moments.

1) from the Solo app, my GoPro 4 Black would not start recording when I pressed the red button (on my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge). I had to start the camera recording manually.

2) where does it show (on the controller or the App) which compass direction the Solo is pointing?

1. I have experienced this issue with the Android app as well. Not sure if this would apply to the iOS app. I've had a problem stopping the recording too. The button is there but it doesn't seem to do anything. I simply closed out the Android app and restarted it and I was able to toggle the recording on/off.

2. In the app if you drag your finger left from the far right side of the screen you can bring up a satellite map and it will show your Solo's position and compass direction. If you drag it about a third of the way and let go the map will stay there. If you go much further than that it will take the whole screen.

You should also be able to start recording by pushing down on each side of the gimbal control paddle. Hopefully the camera update will help you out with the screen control. Good luck....

You should also be able to start recording by pushing down on each side of the gimbal control paddle. Hopefully the camera update will help you out with the screen control. Good luck....
Like Chuck said, to start video recording you have to use the gimbal paddle on the left. The on screen button is an indicator things are rolling.

Like Chuck said, to start video recording you have to use the gimbal paddle on the left. The on screen button is an indicator things are rolling.
I am able to just hit the red dot/record button in the app and it starts recording. Occasionally it doesn't work as others have reported but restarting the app usually helps. I've never used the toggles to start/stop recording, just the app.

1. I have experienced this issue with the Android app as well. Not sure if this would apply to the iOS app. I've had a problem stopping the recording too. The button is there but it doesn't seem to do anything. I simply closed out the Android app and restarted it and I was able to toggle the recording on/off.

2. In the app if you drag your finger left from the far right side of the screen you can bring up a satellite map and it will show your Solo's position and compass direction. If you drag it about a third of the way and let go the map will stay there. If you go much further than that it will take the whole screen.
Perfect- thanks!

I am able to just hit the red dot/record button in the app and it starts recording. Occasionally it doesn't work as others have reported but restarting the app usually helps. I've never used the toggles to start/stop recording, just the app.
Interesting, my in app indicator has done what was previously said...disappears when selected..at least it did when I got the Solo-G. I strictly use the controller to start and stop the video, so I use as an indicator only.

Glad that worked.

Interesting, my in app indicator has done what was previously said...disappears when selected..at least it did when I got the Solo-G. I strictly use the controller to start and stop the video, so I use as an indicator only.
I'm using a Hero 4 Black, while I wouldn't think so maybe the software is different for controlling that camera than the Solo-G. I don't know much about the Solo-G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44