How to go faster

Reaction score
I've read claims of solo being able to go 55mph in the fastest setting.
Mine is only going 37-39mph using master airscrew props.
Any solutions?? Thank you!

Also, I'm pretty new here so any help would be much appreciated :)

Reactions: anthony_sleck
I've read claims of solo being able to go 55mph in the fastest setting.
Mine is only going 37-39mph using master airscrew props.
Any solutions?? Thank you!

Also, I'm pretty new here so any help would be much appreciated :)
Flying in Manual or Stabalize will get Solo to 45-46mph. I'm not sure how to get to the rated max of 55mph, but must require Acro.

Reactions: LucianFlaitz
Flying in Manual or Stabalize will get Solo to 45-46mph. I'm not sure how to get to the rated max of 55mph, but must require Acro.
How is it flying in manual or stabilize mode? I use the fixed mount because my broke self can only afford the go pro 3+ atm [emoji23][emoji23] so gimbal stabilizing isn't a thing for me atm. I definitely do want to try acro but I'm worried of rolling it on itself. Lol. No idea how to control it in acro.

To achieve max speed, I would remove GP & Gimbal, Guard Props etc.. & fly in Acro mode.
You asked how to do this, watch what you ask for, you may just get it!

How is it flying in manual or stabilize mode? I use the fixed mount because my broke self can only afford the go pro 3+ atm [emoji23][emoji23] so gimbal stabilizing isn't a thing for me atm. I definitely do want to try acro but I'm worried of rolling it on itself. Lol. No idea how to control it in acro.
Use Advance Settings. See manuals for instruction. Use caution. In Manual the Solo will not come to a stop when you let go of the sticks - it will drift. In Stabalize you will also need to manually maintain altitude - and do it with a self-centering stick.

If you are new to all of this, post your crash video, cause this sounds like a crash waiting to happen
The mixup of Stabalize and use of a gimbal doesn't give away the lack of experience? It could be one of the better videos!

If you are new to all of this, post your crash video, cause this sounds like a crash waiting to happen
I can't even imagine the damage that would be done to the Solo and whatever it hit at 50mph.

I can't even imagine the damage that would be done to the Solo and whatever it hit at 50mph.
I can i did it in acro and it was soft muddy grass it destroyed chasis, two props and ripped the hdmi port off the gopro and cost another $100 for chasis, $200 for 2nd hand gopro and $500 for a new solo. Buy a spare solo before you try so you have spares

I love to fly in acro mode and have a lot of experience doing so on other multicopters.
However I have not been able to get mine to fly proper in acro mode.
The yaw feels VERY slow and very loose it overshoots and does not stop hard at all.
Also pirouettes dip they are not flat. it feels VERY laggy and unconnected in acro mode
:( might be because of it's weight and design.
I understand it's not a racer but it's way worse than I expected.

Pitch and roll are fast and feel locked in in acro... yaw is terrible.

I need to get a video sometime of my attempts.

I'm not anything special to brag about but here's a video just to let you know I know what I'm talking about when
Flying acro non self-leveling and how yaw should be.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not asking it for "acrobatics" just wold have liked good normal average quadcopter yaw control. not the terribly slow sloppy feel it has.

And I'm not complaining I was hoping there were other settings that I have not hear about to make it better.
I have been on a thread or two about this.
You can search my username and see what I have tried already if you are at all interested.

I mainly use solo for its intended purpose, aerial video
so speed is not what I use it for except in some follow sequences

I have other copters for fun flying

Same here..
And why I consider it liveable.
In my opinion any good design should fly nice in manual mode though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl