How far can solo follow me?

I got a Galaxy Tab 4 (8") LTE/WiFi free with my Galaxy S6 Edge phone and use it exclusively with solo. Everything works great and fits the controller mount perfectly. Running Lollipop 5.1. I think they're around $200 new w/data contract.

What other tablets have you been using and what sets the shield apart? I am currently running a Nexus 7 but if I can get a better tablet I will repurpose this as a 7" remote for my tv and all my toys at home.

QC,

Tablet-wise? An old Motorola Xoom (forget it!), A Nexus 7 (Asus old edition, really sucked), 1st edition iPad (too big), iPad mini 2 (works okay but need Android for more flight apps), Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (love the pad but too much lag).

Since it's a gamers pad the Nvidia Shield seems to have a lot more processing power, no lag on any of my birds (related to the Shield). Have an extra 64GB SD card in an external slot that I can use for screen records and other bulky files and apps to keep everything clean on the Shields internal storage. Screen recording built in (No additional app, big plus for me) and an HDMI out that can be used for FPV Goggles (haven't gone there yet!) or to kick out to my monitor or big screen. The only thing I wish I could do is make it just a bit brighter. I'm fine with the way it is but on some days I wish I could turn it up a bit. Short of that it's definitely been my best pad by far.

Jerry

Might try controlled flight with the Tx first time until you're comfortable, then you can run a Follow Me with your finger on the Fly button in case anything gets sketchy.

I've flown a few miles over shallow water using Tx, with land nearby, to shoot fireworks or get this video. (That got picked up by The Weather Channel ;) )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi, what's Tx, and were you flying out of your car while someone was driving? Great shots by the way!
Striker, just make sure you know how to cancel the fail safe RTH so that you bird is not flying back across the channel while you are still on or near the island. The distance looking at your picture looks very doable but always plan for the wors and maybe make sure that you first flight is in low wind conditions. Also consider using Tower so that you can use the "return to me" feature that give you a dynamic landing target based on you location when RTH is activated.
How do you stop RTH once it is initiated?

I use the nexus 7 and I am very happy. I built a small collapsible sun shield out of Coroplast (a couple of bucks at a hobby store)
How bright is that? Even with a good sunshade I can barely see my iPod mini because of the sun reflecting off whatever is in front of the screen. I have a good anti glare shield but it can only help so much.:(
I'm considering switching to goggles or a larger monitor mounted on a tripod.

I also made a sunshade for my Nexus 7 2013 but rarely use it as I turn off the auto brightness and crank it all the way up and it's plenty bright out in the sun. It really surprised me. It's the 16gb model and used only for flying Solo Iris X8 and my other 3DR multitotors. Having the ability for built in to record the screen would be nice though.

Hi, what's Tx, and were you flying out of your car while someone was driving? Great shots by the way!

Thank you. Tx is short for transmitter, your controller. Yes I was riding passenger in the car while my wife drove. It was not as easy as I hoped it would be...Solo was so high I could barely see it with my eyes, and the car was so small on the live view screen I could barely see it. Next time I will try pulling the satellite map up and keeping tabs on its proximity that way...see if it helps.

Couldnr you lower its flight to make your vehicle visible. Somewhat like GTA view?

Thank you. Tx is short for transmitter, your controller. Yes I was riding passenger in the car while my wife drove. It was not as easy as I hoped it would be...Solo was so high I could barely see it with my eyes, and the car was so small on the live view screen I could barely see it. Next time I will try pulling the satellite map up and keeping tabs on its proximity that way...see if it helps.
Oh ok got it. Wow your much more brave with solo than I am! I will get there at some point. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44