How do I take off without GPS lock?

Reaction score
What if I want to fly without GPS lock? My device no longer, regardless of number of satellites, will lock on GPS. How do I take off and fly without it?

Manual flight. You have to set it in the app. For example you can choose the b button will be the manual flight.

Step 1. Go to advanced settings and turn on advanced flight mode

Step 2. Set the "A" or "B" preset to manual flight mode.

Hit A and it will let you fly manually.

I wouldn't recommend flying in manual mode unless you know what you are doing, it will get messy if you lose connection or hurt someone or something, have fun and be safe!

In Fly:Manual, be aware that you will still get GPS lock later (in the air, away from your takeoff point). When this happens, "Home" won't be where you took off from. Don't use RTH. Be aware that if a fail-safe (low battery, lost connection, etc.) kicks in, your Solo won't RTH to your take-off point. If RTH does kick in, just press the "Pause" button and take control again and land manually.

Also, Fly:Manual is also known as "Altitude Hold". The barometer will try to maintain your altitude, but there's no GPS control to maintain roll and pitch (a steady location). If you let go of the sticks, Solo will stay in the air, but will slide sideways and glide with the wind.

But this doesn't solve your initial problem. Why are you getting a high HDOP and can't get a solid GPS lock? Be sure to try in a very open area away from buildings, many trees, and mountain sides.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44