How can you use a 2nd monitor for people to view what you shoot live

Reaction score
I am curious how you can use a second monitor, such as a TV, to show people what you see while in flight separate from your radio and iPad. Thank you!

I've tried that and I get a bad response when connected to the radio and operate my iPad at same time. Another question, Is there a way to do this wirelessly?

What kind of radio are you talking about?
What do you mean by "bad response"?
I've never heard of anybody having a problem using the HDMI port out. Obviously you need a monitor with HDMI in.

I just found this thread which you might find useful:
HDMI on the controller

Last edited:
I've tried that and I get a bad response when connected to the radio and operate my iPad at same time. Another question, Is there a way to do this wirelessly?
What do you mean a bad response? The hdmi output is garbled, no output at all, the output on the app is garbled, the solo behaves erratically or something else?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can always use a second iPad. Two can be connected via wireless at the same time.

If you're on iOS you could try and use Airplay to mirror what you're seeing on your 3DR app to another monitor connected to an Apple TV. Haven't tried it myself, but it's an idea.

If you're on iOS you could try and use Airplay to mirror what you're seeing on your 3DR app to another monitor connected to an Apple TV. Haven't tried it myself, but it's an idea.
So you would need another monitor AND an Apple TV?

From what I've read though, only the first connected device will have the video feed. Can you confirm?

Yes for iOS and Android combo at same time too :)
Telemetry data is up to date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus