High Speed Runs in Sport Mode

Is that bone stock?
Master Airscrew props is the only non-stock item. It came with Rev B GPS.
Tailwind helped somewhat. I was getting close to 60 MPH in manual mode with no altitude loss. Without the tailwind, I think it still would have touched 60 MPH.

Hey you weren't here when someone threatened to turn me in to the FAA for flying at 423' ? Hahaha!

Don't you know how many lives you were putting at risk? What if a commercial aircraft had... been... flying... at.... 400'... over... a.... residential... neighborhood.... Um... yea...

Hey you weren't here when someone threatened to turn me in to the FAA for flying at 423' ? Hahaha!

Don't you know how many lives you were putting at risk? What if a commercial aircraft had... been... flying... at.... 400'... over... a.... residential... neighborhood.... Um... yea...
Nobody was here when that happened. Because that didn't happen. As per usual, you have completely made that up. I believe this was the same thread where you accused the forum membership of being pedophiles.

Thanks for the advice. I am new and kind of mastered GPS mode. Listening to droneu the say you have to practice attitude mode with a dji. Didn't think that existed till the sport mode was mentioned. I set the a and b buttons. Which did save my bacon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is so hard to believe that the Solo stock could go even over 50. My top speed has always been about 32 miles per hour. I'm going to give that a try. I know my gimbal will not take that kind of speed. thanks for the post.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have never flown in sport mode until I saw your video. That was incredible. So I tried it. I went up to about 400' pushed the stick all the way forward and it seems I was instantly going 60 mph completely out of control. Very scary!! I just looked at your video again to see if you were having the same problem I was and I noticed you were. I could not seem to stop it from almost nose diving from 400' into the tree tops. I had to work hard to control it. On my last run I plowed into an apple tree upside down as the drone was flipping. That was very cool. I broke 2 blades and lost one of the rubber feet. Put it back together and did it again. It was fun and nice to know our Solos can fly that fast but can't see any advantage to doing that ever again. Thanks for the cool video and information.

Reactions: hardhat068
I have never flown in sport mode until I saw your video. That was incredible. So I tried it. I went up to about 400' pushed the stick all the way forward and it seems I was instantly going 60 mph completely out of control. Very scary!! I just looked at your video again to see if you were having the same problem I was and I noticed you were. I could not seem to stop it from almost nose diving from 400' into the tree tops. I had to work hard to control it. On my last run I plowed into an apple tree upside down as the drone was flipping. That was very cool. I broke 2 blades and lost one of the rubber feet. Put it back together and did it again. It was fun and nice to know our Solos can fly that fast but can't see any advantage to doing that ever again. Thanks for the cool video and information.

Yea bro don't try Acro mode! Yea Solo had some cool and dangerous modes for sure! My Mavic had "Sport" and "Plane" modes but they are still very controlled. The out of control insanity of the advanced modes with the Solo take the cake!

Reactions: Rex Barlow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso