Hero 4 black with Peau 5.4mm lens (and extras)

Reaction score
I have a near new Hero 4 black with lots of accessories purchased late spring/early summer. Comes with what you see in the picture.

Basically the Hero 4 black with mounts and cases.

Peau non distortion lens 5.4mm f/2.5 60d

Extra battery

Switchtronix DV-GP4 case to power the unit with remote power.

Misc filters

$565 or best offer. Includes USPS shipping anywhere in the continental US. Paypal accepted with "friends and family" or you pay fees.

Attachments

• IMG_9134.JPG
    IMG_9134.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9135.JPG
    IMG_9135.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9136.JPG
    IMG_9136.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9137.JPG
    IMG_9137.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 48
I bought it to use with the Solo which I don't have anymore. No other uses for it.

Thought about keeping it around for time-lapse but its just too much money to have sitting around for occasional use.

Yea I baled out after Solo #2 failure before the gimbal started shipping. So it has just sat here unused.

I thought about getting someone to buy me a Hero4 black new and I would ship this Hero 4B with lens to them in exchange but as I said its just a lot of money to have tied up in something that wont get used. So thought I would try to sell it.

Sorry to hear that- many of us have benefitted from your knowledge and I thank you for sharing.

Will you still be on the forum?

Well thanks. It's unlikely I will be around much. Maybe 3DR will do something to catch my interest in the future and I will come back.

There are lots of talented guys on here that know way more than I do and will continue to make this the best 3DR forum on the internet. So there will be no shortage of knowledge for anyone that comes here.

Wish you the best and thanks again.

Newbie to the forum so bear with me, a question about your camera lens. Is a Peau non distortion lens 5.4 mm f/2.5 60d a superior lens setup then the standard stock lens? If you could educate me please. Thinking about getting a 3DR Solo but still in the research stage. I'm assuming it would work with the newest system with it all being controlled Thur the IPad app. Like they are talking about in their tutorials? Another question what is the difference between a hero 4 black and your hero 4b just abbreviating "black" ? I'm interested in your camera and accessories if it is 100% compatible with the newest 3DR Solo Drone system? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR EDUCATING ME! Still learning? Robert Ptacek

Last edited:
Addressing your questions individually:

"Is a Peau non distortion lens 5.4 mm f/2.5 60d a superior lens setup then the standard stock lens?"
The 5.4 will narrow your field of view somewhat, but provide a flat image. The standard GoPro lens is referred to as a "fisheye" lens. There are times when the fisheye effect is desirable, but it is able to be removed by software. The superior question comes down to whether you would want to remove the effect by software or have your images/videos saved that way in the first place.

"I'm assuming it would work with the newest system with it all being controlled Thur the IPad app"
Yes, the major control access was just released with the latest software update.

"what is the difference between a hero 4 black and your hero 4b just abbreviating 'black'"
Yes - just an abbreviation.

"I'm interested in your camera and accessories if it is 100% compatible with the newest 3DR Solo Drone system?"
Yes - Solo was specifically designed for the GoPro line and what's more, 3DR is the only drone company that GoPro gave access to their internals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44