Help!!!!

Reaction score
I am not new to r/c or flying. I have had quads and drones. I know this is a repeated subject. I know 3DR is moving away from consumer drones. I just bought the 3DR Solo from best buy at a great price. I picked it up for $350. That's a sweet deal for this kind of drone. Here is my dilemma. I love the look of the 3DR. I think its the best looking drone. I need your guys help. Will there be parts for this drone after a year or so? Is it worth the risk buying this drone? I really don't want to buy a $350 "paperweight" if I cant get parts for it. Please help!

Mick,
Lots of similar threads on this forum. Do a quick search for a more detailed discussion, but the strong consensus is to just buy an extra Solo (or two) for parts. At $350 it would be way cheeper, even if parts continue to be available. As I recall, motor pods were like $70, and shells were like $200. I have 3 Solos, and am tempted to get another. Was not too long ago I paid almost this much for a Pixhawk 1! 3DR's loss is all of our gain!
Also look into the Solex app (Android only). It has only been available since October, but Kelly (developer) has already made it much more useful than the stock app!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44