Hello from Southern California

Reaction score
New to drones and quadcopters, not to the RC hobby....

I've been flying RC for a.long time, most recently slope soaring.

Used to fly with my dear friend who went home to the Lord a couple of weeks ago. In his typical unselfish style I was presented with his new 3DR Solo after he passed at his request.

He wanted me to get back into my passion, and that's why I'm here, to learn, have fun and share.

Cheers!

Alae

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about the passing of your dear friend.
I too rediscovered model flying a couple years ago. The technology today with lipo batteries and brushless motors is wonderful.
After flying a Phantom 1 for a couple months, I went the DIY route and built several Pixhawk based multirotors. The Solo is really the best of the two worlds, a easy to use aerial video platform and tons of DIY upgrades. Learn to use the aircraft as it was intended first, but then I recommend you use it with Tower or Mission Planner (my favorite).
You will love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I will follow your advice, see you around!

Alae

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear about the passing of your dear friend.
I too rediscovered model flying a couple years ago. The technology today with lipo batteries and brushless motors is wonderful.
After flying a Phantom 1 for a couple months, I went the DIY route and built several Pixhawk based multirotors. The Solo is really the best of the two worlds, a easy to use aerial video platform and tons of DIY upgrades. Learn to use the aircraft as it was intended first, but then I recommend you use it with Tower or Mission Planner (my favorite).
You will love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl