Hawaii with a Solo and a Motorcycle

Reaction score
All right, I'm retiring now:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oahu and Maui. I really wanted to get aerial footage at Haleakala, but apparently that's illegal cause it's a national park. It was a little challenging to find safe places to set up the drone since the roads are so winding with trees and mountains nearby (esp. road to Hana). But I found some good spots. Maybe "Look at me" was an option I could've used.

In the first shot, the Solo handled the rain like a boss, but I did start to have problems with it after that trip (loss of video signal, worse Following, erratic Phantom-like behavior). Of course, it also landed on its back that trip when I was landing on an incline and a strong gust of wind hit it. So who knows which did it.

Edit: I should add I didn't intentionally fly in the rain, but it started as soon as I was ready to go and I decided to go through with the shot.

Brett,
Nice job, great editing and sound, although too long. This forum in general likes video's under 2 minutes. Did you use a LUT, if so which one, the colors are over the top beautiful. I loved the scenery, wish the Solo would of been around 15 yrs ago when I lived there for 4 years.

All right, I'm retiring now:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oahu and Maui. I really wanted to get aerial footage at Haleakala, but apparently that's illegal cause it's a national park. It was a little challenging to find safe places to set up the drone since the roads are so winding with trees and mountains nearby (esp. road to Hana). But I found some good spots. Maybe "Look at me" was an option I could've used.

In the first shot, the Solo handled the rain like a boss, but I did start to have problems with it after that trip (loss of video signal, worse Following, erratic Phantom-like behavior). Of course, it also landed on its back that trip when I was landing on an incline and a strong gust of wind hit it. So who knows which did it.

Edit: I should add I didn't intentionally fly in the rain, but it started as soon as I was ready to go and I decided to go through with the shot.
Hi Brett,
I'm in love with Maui!
I go as often as i can, GREAT images/video that can be captured are unless!
The Seven Sacred Pools are really nice for image capture/video, Just go @ times when no tourist. much hiking, Solo backpack time!
thanks for sharing .... Great video...

Last edited:
Brett,
Nice job, great editing and sound, although too long. This forum in general likes video's under 2 minutes. Did you use a LUT, if so which one, the colors are over the top beautiful. I loved the scenery, wish the Solo would of been around 15 yrs ago when I lived there for 4 years.

Wow, I wish I could live there 4 years... or 4ever... Not an expert on these but I used the SL Neutral Start (GoPro 5800K) preset for this video. Even Maui looks bland on a GoPro without color correction...

Hi Brett,
I'm in love with Maui!
I go as often as i can, GREAT images/video that can be captured are unless!
The Seven Sacred Pools are really nice for image capture/video, Just go @ times when no tourist. much hiking, Solo backpack time!
thanks for sharing .... Great video...

It is amazing- I focused too much on the ride and probably missed some good stops like the 7 pools. Next time... (it was an exhausting day on the motorcycle though, especially with the drone and spare batteries in my backpack)

Little long, but I love to watch video of Hawaii - any island. I was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 3 years while in the Navy, then loved it so much stayed to live another year and a half as a civilian. Got to Big Island a couple of times, and Kauai; never made it Maui. Did you find any of that Maui Waui there?

Little long, but I love to watch video of Hawaii - any island. I was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 3 years while in the Navy, then loved it so much stayed to live another year and a half as a civilian. Got to Big Island a couple of times, and Kauai; never made it Maui. Did you find any of that Maui Waui there?

I think that might've ended in a motorcycle wreck. ;)

Reactions: SARDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44