Great Video of a gimbal fix and test results..

Reaction score
In this video (NOT mine) the pilot has setup a camera on a tripod synced to the Solo GoPro. He initially had similar problems that other users had regarding the gimbal flop and not acting right. After adjusting the cable routing and proper gimbal balance this is his results. I have always thought that many (not all) gimbal problems users are having could be installation issues. Either way, a great test video.. He appears to be flying in stabilized mode in order to fly more aggressive.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Maddog
A good video example, I still think from what I've seen that there's potentially a firmware bug or two to iron out yet though.

A good video example, I still think from what I've seen that there's potentially a firmware bug or two to iron out yet though.

You could be right- if that's the case, why doesn't everybody have problems? I just installed mine yesterday and so far, have had no problems.

In this video (NOT mine) the pilot has setup a camera on a tripod synced to the Solo GoPro. He initially had similar problems that other users had regarding the gimbal flop and not acting right. After adjusting the cable routing and proper gimbal balance this is his results. I have always thought that many (not all) gimbal problems users are having could be installation issues. Either way, a great test video.. He appears to be flying in stabilized mode in order to fly more aggressive.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree that many issues are probably related to the installation. I think 3DR should have waited and not released Solo without a factory installed gimbal.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
I really appreciate the video link, it was long but did provide a good example to compare.

Ian, could be software all the way, but I've contacted a supplier(s) for a replacement HDMI cable that is hopefully more flexible. Hearing of many install issue related to the HDMI cable leads me to believe there are better options. If anyone has further suggestions on a replacement HDMI cable, please let me know.

I agree that many issues are probably related to the installation. I think 3DR should have waited and not released Solo without a factory installed gimbal.

Agreed, there's seems to be too many contributing factors for amateurs ( like me mind you ) to screw up on. I'm going to try and recalibrate my bird today also try this other tips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado