GPS shield material

Reaction score
Does anyone know details about the specific material the GPS shield is/was made of? It's sold out on 3DR's site, and I wasn't keen on spending $30 for it anyway (got the first one for the more reasonable $15).

A Google search turns up a myriad of EMI/RF absorbing sheets, but they list specific frequency ranges. If anyone has an idea what frequency range 3DR's shield was blocking, I could probably find equivalent material.

Does anyone know details about the specific material the GPS shield is/was made of? It's sold out on 3DR's site, and I wasn't keen on spending $30 for it anyway (got the first one for the more reasonable $15).

A Google search turns up a myriad of EMI/RF absorbing sheets, but they list specific frequency ranges. If anyone has an idea what frequency range 3DR's shield was blocking, I could probably find equivalent material.
Let us know if you find it. I thought RichWest called it earlier, but apparently not.

Last edited:
Here you go...
NO, NO, NO>>>>>>>>> It was just an example of similar material and it's cost, before someone bitched about the cost. Not the same material in any regard.

I have not been able to ID the correct material or same as. Could have been a combination of material. The guy a few weeks ago talking about the gps and shielding inferred he was one of many that selected the material at 3DR. Been nice if he would have answered the question, but he never did....

NO, NO, NO>>>>>>>>> It was just an example of similar material and it's cost, before someone bitched about the cost. Not the same material in any regard.

I have not been able to ID the correct material or same as. Could have been a combination of material. The guy a few weeks ago talking about the gps and shielding inferred he was one of many that selected the material at 3DR. Been nice if he would have answered the question, but he never did....
Sorry Rich, I thought you had ID'd it for the cost comparison. It's probably an existing material available somewhere.

It's probably an existing material available somewhere.
Not that I can find. Like UserName, there is a lot of material on the market, but little does both shield and absorb. And at the cost, trial and error is not a viable means to find the answer.

I had put off buying an OEM V2 shield as well, sitting with 3 birds now. Finding the proper material makes sense now as to cost....still like the dead soft copper I'm using.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado