Got a 15in tablet? No problem!!!

Reaction score
I found a solution that you can mount any tablet size in your Solo controller. I've been using this mount sinced iPhone 4 came out. It has a very solid mount. It just need a little elbow grease.

First i took out the phone/tablet clamp from the rotating arm.
UTBMdd.jpg

Then I place this mount in the center of the 4 pegs (the one that locks to the clamp). Then I marked it with the marker where I would make 4 cuts. Using a dremel is recommended. A round file would do.

vGwuSw.jpg

Yup.. You got it!!! It's a Quadlock mount! Comes with an adhesive back. Just peel & stick on.

LmhdGg.jpg

This is the finish project! As you can see where I made a cut to fit & stick it flat without cutting the 4 pegs that locks to the clamp. Clean with alcohol wipes first before sticking it. In case you might sell your solo someday, just peel it off & put back the original clamp.

6cwYND.jpg

You can see here, iPhone 6+ on a Quadlock case attached to the mount above. Yes! Quadlock makes cases for some specific phones with built in mount already.

muieXx.jpg

You don't want quadlock case? No problem!!! You can get the universal mount, like above, stick it on any case that has flat surface or even directly to the back of your phone or tablet!!! Yup, you read it right! any phone or tablet you currently own.. ANY SIZE!!!

Currently, I am using my iPad Air 2 on my controller & I love it! I can switch it anytime with my iPhone with a twist.

You can get these mounts in www.quadlocks.com. I am not affilliated to the company. I just love their products.

Hope you guys like my project & solve your dilemma. Please share your projects too

Last edited:
I found a solution that you can mount any tablet size in your Solo controller. I've been using this mount sinced iPhone 4 came out. It has a very solid mount. It just need a little elbow grease.

UTBMdd.jpg

Then I place this mount in the center of the 4 pegs (the one that locks to the clamp). Then I marked it with the marker where I would make 4 cuts. Using a dremel is recommended. A round file would do.

vGwuSw.jpg

Yup.. You got it!!! It's a Quadlock mount! Comes with an adhesive back. Just peel & stick on.

LmhdGg.jpg

This is the finish project! As you can see where I made a cut to fit & stick it flat without cutting the 4 pegs that locks to the clamp. Clean with alcohol wipes first before sticking it. In case you might sell your solo someday, just peel it off & put back the original clamp.

6cwYND.jpg

You can see here, iPhone 6+ on a Quadlock case attached to the mount above. Yes! Quadlock makes cases for some specific phones with built in mount already.

muieXx.jpg

You don't want quadlock case? No problem!!! You can get the universal mount, like above, stick it on any case that has flat surface or even directly to the back of your phone or tablet!!! Yup, you read it right! any phone or tablet you currently own.. ANY SIZE!!!

Currently, I am using my iPad Air 2 on my controller & I love it! I can switch it anytime with my iPhone with a twist.

You can get these mounts in www.quadlocks.com. I am not affilliated to the company. I just love their products.

Hope you guys like my project & solve your dilemma. Please share your projects too
Nice! Also found this :)

I just found something so Awesomely Awesome, I can hardly stand it. | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

That's nice mount Earl! I am supposed to go on this route but I find it too big & i have to take it out everytime I store it.

Anyways, did I post big file photos? I can't see it anymore even the attachments. Thanks.
I saw yours before, but for some reason they aren't showing now...

Since it just clicks offf and on it is pretty easy. I stow mine like this.

FullSizeRender (6).jpg FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Very neat & full pack!

Any third party mount for those FPVLR? How do you mount it?

Very neat & full pack!

Any third party mount for those FPVLR? How do you mount it?
The cables are stiff, but bendable and handle most of it. It comes with velcro strips that you put on the tablet mount bracket also. Screw it in, and press the top to the velcro and your are done.. When I put on the side of the velcro that goes on the controller, I let it hang down. Now I just push it against the velkcro on the FPVLR with my thumbs after screwing it on. Works great.

UTBMdd.jpg

vGwuSw.jpg

LmhdGg.jpg

6cwYND.jpg

muieXx.jpg

just so you know, another forum member turned us on to a mount hat has the same hole pattern as solo so it just snaps right on. it's the best i've seen for large tablets and the controller still fits into the backpack. i bought one for each of my controllers. No mods necessary. they even include a windshield mount all for $13.00. The company is Deal Gadgets and available on Amazon.

Reactions: Boracay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso