GoPro Hero 4 Lens Mod

There's a big thread about this in the Solo forum. I've recently sent my Hero 4 black in the Peau Productions to have a 4.35mm lens installed. They also do a software modification, which removes the color shift in the corners, once you remove the fisheye lens. Basically GoPro adds a profile that puts some pink in the corners, because the extreme fisheye will create a blue tinge in the corners. The pink counter acts this. If you remove the fishey lens, you'll have a pink tint in the corner of your video. Some people choose to accept this. I chose to let a company install the lens and remove this profile.

Peau Productions

I use the 5.4mm from peau productios and works perfect and sharp
Fellow Peau purchaser here... What are your thoughts on the 5.4 vs another size? I considered it, but 4.3 was what I ended up with. I felt that 5.4 might crop too much of the view, but I couldn't really tell how good/bad that might be in the real world.

I went with 4.3 myself. The 4.5 is (if I remember correctly) a 1.7x zoom on the original lens, where the 5.4 is a 2.0x zoom. So not a huge difference. Tracking showed my camera arrived to them yesterday. I also just recieved a 2nd GoPro Hero 4 Black yesterday. I'm sure I'll love the 4.3 so much, I'll end up sending my new one.

Reactions: Ronyc
I went with 4.3 myself. The 4.5 is (if I remember correctly) a 1.7x zoom on the original lens, where the 5.4 is a 2.0x zoom. So not a huge difference. Tracking showed my camera arrived to them yesterday. I also just recieved a 2nd GoPro Hero 4 Black yesterday. I'm sure I'll love the 4.3 so much, I'll end up sending my new one.

I was shooting some footage at the stunt lot last night (sport bike freestyle) and noticed a blur on my screen. I landed my solo and noticed that there is a big scratch in the lens, right in the middle. I am trying to decide what lens to replace it with. I mainly use it to shoot motocross (dirt bikes) and stunting (sport bike freestyle). I also use it on my helmet so I want to make sure I get a lens that will work well for all of it.

Any help is GREATLY appreciate!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny