Gopro footage sent to phone records with a gopro banner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to solo and have been flying for about two week and recording for only a few days. When I get my footage sent to my phone, it keeps the banner at the top telling the recording state, recording frames, battery, etc. Do you guys know how to remove that so that the videos sent to my phone do not have to be edited?
Thank you Nick.

The video on your phone is a low-res recording of the live stream you see in the app. It is not intended for production use, editing, etc. It's just a preview to let you quickly preview what you got without taking the card out of the GoPro. The high definition production video that doesn't have the on-screen display is stored on the SD card in the GoPro.

You can turn off the GoPro's OSD using the menu on the GoPro or the GoPro app. But I wouldn't recommend it. You need to see that information on the app's video display to know what's going on with the GoPro.

The video on your phone is a low-res recording of the live stream you see in the app. It is not intended for production use, editing, etc. It's just a preview to let you quickly preview what you got without taking the card out of the GoPro. The high definition production video that doesn't have the on-screen display is stored on the SD card in the GoPro.

You can turn off the GoPro's OSD using the menu on the GoPro or the GoPro app. But I wouldn't recommend it. You need to see that information on the app's video display to know what's going on with the GoPro.

Thank you, I will head your warning though and just leave it on then.

Cheers!

The GP OSD doesn't offer any real data that isn't already available within the Solo('s or ex) app. Why clutter/obscure the in-app live image with more overlays?

The GP can be run without the GP battery, check.
You should leave the ground with enough memory in the micro SD card for the intended flight, check.
If the GP faults in some way, it still briefly displays a message with or without OSD on...

Other than an SD card corruption, GP OSD offers nothing of value while on Solo....buy a better sd card.

Am I missing something? ....;)

It has an entire row of data across the top that no app tells you. And it's the only way to tell if the video/photos are working. I've numerous occasions where the GoPro bombed out (shocking...) and the app had no indication. But the OSD made it very obvious.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks