GoPro 4 blk - lens filter advice required

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
ok - up until now due to lack of time - i have not purchased filters for my SOLO gopro - i think i held off possibly because i saw a lot of balancing issues, question related problems. what sayest thou, thou excellent chappies?

Reactions: J R
Emul,

Wish I could help but I think you're on a whole different level than me when it comes to photography! I just got the cheaply Polar Pro filters for mine.

I only answered cause I don't like seeing good people hanging with no replies! Maybe if some of the "experts" see a reply they'll chime in.

Jerry

Reactions: emulsiondown
i use srp blurfix filters. i've flown with them on solo without issue. the gimbal performed the same with and without. at this time i'm not worrying about whether the gimbal is balanced or not with them.

polarpro and peau filters good as well.

thou excellent chappies?
LOL...

I use these.

30mm External Filters : Peau Productions - Store

And have the UV, ND2, ND4, ND8 and CPL. I usually "roll" with the UV and CPL and "some" ND filter, depending on the light level.

These filters allow you to stack. Many don't. That is important in my book.

I use weights to balance the gimbal for my basic setup, and added weights on velcro for each added filter beyond that. Add a filter... Add a weight.

Works really well.

Call PEAU. They are very nice, and will educate you :)

Reactions: emulsiondown
I have a few polar pro filters. Gonna try using an nd2. Anyone use these without adding extra weights?

I use the PolarPro filters on my GP4B with no weights and no problem.

I have a few polar pro filters. Gonna try using an nd2. Anyone use these without adding extra weights?

i think the minimum you should be using is an ND4 and max ND8. ND4 for partly cloudy or somewhat sunny days and ND8 for bright, clear sunny days.

Reactions: J R
I use PolarPro and BlurFix air, without balancing the gimbal. So far, so good.

PolarPro filters are a fraction lighter.

I recommend an ND4, ND8, and ND16.
If you will fly around water, snow, or reflective surfaces, getting and ND/PL combo is a good idea. However, PL filters have to be rotated to the correct angle to get the benefit of reflection reduction. (Tip: if you have Peau replacement lens, DO NOT rotate your PL filters while they are on the GoPro - this can defocus your lens. Remove, rotate, then slide straight back on, without twisting!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44