good Tablet for Solo!

Reaction score
Not sure if theres a post about this but I would like to know the best Tablets I can use to pair with my Solo

Thanks in advance!

Might as well take this down because you'll get nothing but hate and smart asses for asking a question that's already answered.
You won't get too much help from the non devs here

Not sure if theres a post about this but I would like to know the best Tablets I can use to pair with my Solo

Thanks in advance!
A lot of people use the Nvidea Shield. I use a Galaxy Tab S2 8" myself which fits nicely in the holder and is very bright. One big consideration is screen brightness, so a good sun shield solution might be needed too - not so much of an issue for me, I live in the UK! [emoji3]

Downloading maps in the field is useful, so a SIM enabled is a consideration too.

A lot of people use the Nexus of various types, it gets mentioned alot.

Threre are a lot of threads on some of the older and less common brands, so if you have a particular one or two you're considering it might be worth a search or another post, someone may well have used it already.

Reactions: FinniKris
A lot of people use the Nvidea Shield. I use a Galaxy Tab S2 8" myself which fits nicely in the holder and is very bright. One big consideration is screen brightness, so a good sun shield solution might be needed too - not so much of an issue for me, I live in the UK! [emoji3]

Downloading maps in the field is useful, so a SIM enabled is a consideration too.

A lot of people use the Nexus of various types, it gets mentioned alot.

Threre are a lot of threads on some of the older and less common brands, so if you have a particular one or two you're considering it might be worth a search or another post, someone may well have used it already.
Cant I just connect the tablet to a mobile wifi and download the map before I connect it to Solo's WiFi?

You can yes - if you know where you're going to fly of course.

I don't have fixed broadband at home, so I added a second SIM to my mobile phone contract and shared my data.

Reactions: iFLIP07
Might as well take this down because you'll get nothing but hate and smart asses for asking a question that's already answered.
You won't get too much help from the non devs here

Sorry you got your feelings hurt over on the GoPro Lens discussion forum.
Us "Old Timers" just want a you to show a little investment in your own time in trying to answer the question before having someone else typing it all over again and again. No biggie if the answer was short and sweet, but when the forum thread grows to be 50 pages long obviously there is a lot of subtlety in the answer and a one or two sentence answer won't be sufficient.
Instead of trashing all the hard work and support this forum does provide take 10 min to read. There is TONS of useful information at your fingertips.

Sorry you got your feelings hurt over on the GoPro Lens discussion forum.
Us "Old Timers" just want a you to show a little investment in your own time in trying to answer the question before having someone else typing it all over again and again. No biggie if the answer was short and sweet, but when the forum thread grows to be 50 pages long obviously there is a lot of subtlety in the answer and a one or two sentence answer won't be sufficient.
Instead of trashing all the hard work and support this forum does provide take 10 min to read. There is TONS of useful information at your fingertips.
So how come when I'm on the home page, I'll go type in some shit that I'm trying to figure out and nothing comes up in the search??
I know how to use this forum, I know if I read I'm sure I'll figure out the answer.

But for the most part I'm constantly busy and thus have no time to read shit.
For me it's a "get an answer and go fucking do" because I don't have time.

The search function is a bit of an art. Probably keeping the search terms as generic as possible helps.
I'm on the forums most of the time on my phone, and searching is tough. On a computer screen it is easier to search and find stuff.

I have a Samsung Tab A 10". Very happy with it except the controller is extremely unbalanced. It just fits in the holder. I usually pre fetch the maps but have linked it to my iPhone also.

Reactions: iFLIP07
Hey guys! I am investing in a new tablet for my 3DR and so I can use it while travelling. Having a normal USB port is therefore something I am looking for. Does anyone know of a tablet for the 3DR that has one?

I did some research and found this article - apparently it is hard to find tablets with USB connections. Does the 3DR App work on "Android Honeycomb" ?

Tablets with USB Ports

EDIT:

Figured out that it would be cheaper and easier to just get a "OTG cable"

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am investing in a new tablet for my 3DR and so I can use it while travelling. Having a normal USB port is therefore something I am looking for. Does anyone know of a tablet for the 3DR that has one?

What are you using a full size USB port for? Just curious.

What are you using a full size USB port for? Just curious.
I am using my tablet to replace my laptop while I travel, so the USB is for me to be able to transfer pictures and video onto an external harddrive.

Ah. Have you considered Cloud Based storage? Everyone has their own workflow that they like but I used to do the same thing. I used to lug around a big laptop and over the years it got smaller and smaller and then gave up and got a tablet but still did the external hdd thing. I finally just got a tablet that will take a big microsd card and I use wifi to shove stuff up to Google Drive when I'm in the field and (when I get to a hotspot or hotel room) and then when I get home it's already synced to my PC. Just tossing out options ;-)

I am using my tablet to replace my laptop while I travel, so the USB is for me to be able to transfer pictures and video onto an external harddrive.
I use one of the Lexar thumb drives 64Gb. It has a sliding cover thing with a micro and 'normal' USB at opposite ends, so it fits in my tablet then straight back into the PC. Or you could use an adapter micro to USB?

Ah. Have you considered Cloud Based storage? Everyone has their own workflow that they like but I used to do the same thing. I used to lug around a big laptop and over the years it got smaller and smaller and then gave up and got a tablet but still did the external hdd thing. I finally just got a tablet that will take a big microsd card and I use wifi to shove stuff up to Google Drive when I'm in the field and (when I get to a hotspot or hotel room) and then when I get home it's already synced to my PC. Just tossing out options ;-)

Thanks for the tip! Al though I don't want to be dependent on internet connection, as most places where I travel don't have reliable and fast connections.

I have a Samsung Tab A 10". Very happy with it except the controller is extremely unbalanced. It just fits in the holder. I usually pre fetch the maps but have linked it to my iPhone also.

Hey David. I was thinking of that exact tablet. But then I tried to put my mom's ipad and it doesn't fit the controller. When I check the length of the Ipad, it measures 17 cm x 24 cm. So that's 6.69 inch x 9.44 inches. How did you get it to fit?

Thanks for the tip! Al though I don't want to be dependent on internet connection, as most places where I travel don't have reliable and fast connections.

Hey David. I was thinking of that exact tablet. But then I tried to put my mom's ipad and it doesn't fit the controller. When I check the length of the Ipad, it measures 17 cm x 24 cm. So that's 6.69 inch x 9.44 inches. How did you get it to fit?
10 inch is diagonal measurement. It just fits on the stock mount

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44