Good news for Solo - Dynamic Altitude

Reaction score
I purchased a Typhoon H for a lot of reasons, one being dynamic altitude in Follow mode. I run trails in the mountains and need this altitude correction by the FC rather than manual input.

Well turns out the H didn't do a good job with altitude correction; but I was surprised how well Solo and a Mini 4 did. I drove down many trails with well over 100 foot elevation change and Solo Followed right along. Too bad I had a crappy lens on that day, but just another reason to like my Solo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I purchased a Typhoon H for a lot of reasons, one being dynamic altitude in Follow mode. I run trails in the mountains and need this altitude correction by the FC rather than manual input.

Well turns out the H didn't do a good job with altitude correction; but I was surprised how well Solo and a Mini 4 did. I drove down many trails with well over 100 foot elevation change and Solo Followed right along. Too bad I had a crappy lens on that day, but just another reason to like my Solo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Did you report your finding to Yuneec?

Nice jeep!! I have been wanting to do something like this with mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just thinking out loud, the Samsung Galaxy S7 has a barometer, has anyone tried it with Solo yet?? I am up for a new phone and was thinking the S7.

Just thinking out loud, the Samsung Galaxy S7 has a barometer, has anyone tried it with Solo yet?? I am up for a new phone and was thinking the S7.
Altitude follow works with iPhone 6/6s/+ and iPad mini4/Air2 only I am afraid.

Not to change the subject, but JEEP WAVE
YzaK2uX95jDU1yI5daAT9KyTOa3HQW81TFhAWQ-Msu9JRVFDkq7CLP6Z0LxT55kH2p9xVFcQlHA5qwshaVkP5z0MpTvRXK-pwWy9l3eh885qWTxiv4YI4DhYUB--IBMG-ygpteTw_YROsokEwVoaOTN-JgzuhUocSSJiX1H8uyWTArdfcN4JOtTZtK8YHH1RzN5TJILmav0Iz3FZC8FdYPR2oA_bxjMOQwSAzMXixeRItfDATlv5G3OKOUQl_k5w3JtOSjoSrgHjrSu2LkQnrWHzmWA71wdxjl-C28sZmx4U1tu1hoImDX4vZliY7stihEpx9RetA3ffyi5F9yBqxmZUy59qPL-PrYgxcv3jU9-qO-dvdX7gaN1z7WAzx1o3ui-qF8oqwq0cOV5iU16iqk0_dJb98GXQFJlysIYr6LVjMy0xmLCpUJvJqiKwHAILBypvg-K2phALcT1PwvAKOUyG2u2HznA-MP7wQ5YzGIUXUKzo5YX9oi3ccPufPUqPgfHotKI0OzCsrJyJeC816kl_LyBwsVOVeDCIbCCQ9yNUB--TmIV4kS0oEfuAMExisBC20fqD4gLwLv-HDrQzrSXJ_ZtrgpGX=w877-h918-no

Nice JK:) Now when you find out what we do your wife will hate you. We install Corvette LS engines in JK's, converted about 200 so far. The orange 13' in the video is from AZ and has a 450 HP LS3 with a 6 speed automatic.

Reactions: prowler9
Nice JK:) Now when you find out what we do your wife will hate you. We install Corvette LS engines in JK's, converted about 200 so far. The orange 13' in the video is from AZ and has a 450 HP LS3 with a 6 speed automatic.
What's the cost on something like that...Maybe I will hurry up and blow my engine and tell the wife it's only small upgrade to a motor I need anyway haha
ecccd012f843788207c699f9fa691392.jpg

Turnkey swaps start at about$15k for a 325 HP engine with a 6 speed automatic. Most customers go for a 6 liter or 6.2 LS3 Vette engine which is about 450 HP, all aluminum and compact. The JK is amazing with an all aluminum LS engine and modern transmission. Our customers include John Currie, Walker Evans........

Were working on the new Gen V continuous VVT, direct injection engines. The L86 Gen V LS 6.2 engine puts out about 430 HP, has over 11:1 compression ratio, runs on regular gas and has 4 cyl mode. Were building a couple L86's now and hope to get muscle car performance with 20ish mpg, in a 6,000 lb JK. Our Gen IV 5.3 swaps will get 20 mpg but only in light JK's with<35" tires.

Reactions: sam and prowler9
Turnkey swaps start at about$15k for a 325 HP engine with a 6 speed automatic. Most customers go for a 6 liter or 6.2 LS3 Vette engine which is about 450 HP, all aluminum and compact. The JK is amazing with an all aluminum LS engine and modern transmission. Our customers include John Currie, Walker Evans........

Were working on the new Gen V continuous VVT, direct injection engines. The L86 Gen V LS 6.2 engine puts out about 430 HP, has over 11:1 compression ratio, runs on regular gas and has 4 cyl mode. Were building a couple L86's now and hope to get muscle car performance with 20ish mpg, in a 6,000 lb JK. Our Gen IV 5.3 swaps will get 20 mpg but only in light JK's with<35" tires.
That's amazing!! Thanks for the info! Maybe in a few years I will send it to ya haha.

Few of my favorites are the Hellcat and Rattletrap Jeeps.

Will most def check out yours!

Do you have a YouTube link for your stuff?

Nice Work Robbi! 6.2L in a Jeep. Now that you have the HP where it needs to be, just do a little suspension work and we can run Barstow to Vegas together!..:D:D
X3mmgn

I would imagine dynamic altitude works with every phone with a barometer. It's not about being Apple.
I tried skiing while filming myself in follow mode but that didn't work on a Galaxy tab s2 tablet, no barometer there. I have to try with my lg g4 though.

Good lord. I can't even picture WHY. Other than simply because you can, which is perfectly acceptable.
Actually early JK's with the 3.8 engine were grossly overpowered. Adding lifts, armor, winches etc. made them hazards on the highway. Many heavy JK's could not even hold the speed limit in the mountains or in a headwind, there is a definite need.

Reactions: woundflatout

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig