Gimbal

Reaction score
So i see prices for 3DR gimbals are through the roof. Does anyone on here know if i can buy a 3 axis gimbal other than the one made for the solo? Seems like soon they will be gone.

They have jumped in price about $75 dollars. To $125 I was gonna buy more from Frys but they sold out before I made the move. At least I got two. One for each Solo.

Reactions: june03dr
I debated buying more because with my luck a new gimbal would come out as a result of the open Solo program that would be more durable and have better performance for same price leaving me with a bunch of expensive spares. A gimbal that can use any camera up to the Solo max weight would be a game changer

I debated buying more because with my luck a new gimbal would come out as a result of the open Solo program that would be more durable and have better performance for same price leaving me with a bunch of expensive spares. A gimbal that can use any camera up to the Solo max weight would be a game changer
It would.

It is, however, a metric butt-ton of work. And not just software, either. Hardware and firmware development, too.

Contributors welcome.

Amazon still has gimbal listed-
was $126; then it bumped up to $195-
now it is at $169 . Says they have 10 left-

Amazon still has gimbal listed-
was $126; then it bumped up to $195-
now it is at $169 . Says they have 10 left-

I remember seeing it for the $126 i shouldve got it then but now its just way too much for it im going to buy the tarot 2d gimbal and see if anyone on here can show me how to configure it to the solo. They sell the 3d printed mount so it fits perfectly to the solo but the settings is what i need

Keep your eye on Craigslist- I bought another gimbal today a guy had on there- half hour drive- was an awesome deal! I look at least weekly just in case one pops up.

Reactions: june03dr
I remember seeing it for the $126 i shouldve got it then but now its just way too much for it im going to buy the tarot 2d gimbal and see if anyone on here can show me how to configure it to the solo. They sell the 3d printed mount so it fits perfectly to the solo but the settings is what i need

The Tarot 3D gimbal is just a little more than the 2D one. Def worth the extra $15.
Not sure how to integrate it into the Solo but shouldn't be too hard with manual gimbal control. Not sure how hard Smart Shots will be to get working though.

The Tarot 3D gimbal is just a little more than the 2D one. Def worth the extra $15.
Not sure how to integrate it into the Solo but shouldn't be too hard with manual gimbal control. Not sure how hard Smart Shots will be to get working though.

If you get it to work, could you please share your experience if the community? I believe there's a plenty of Solo pilots wanting to know how to integrate another gimbal.

If you get it to work, could you please share your experience if the community? I believe there's a plenty of Solo pilots wanting to know how to integrate another gimbal.

Just bought a Tarot 3D gimbal but was planning on installing it on my Hex. Might have to reconsider and investigate integrating it into one of my Solos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44