gimbal wont boot

Reaction score
i crashed my solo yesterday and ever since i get the continuous amber flashing LED on gimbal which manual says it is booting up and appears ot have no power as it is floppy.
also the handset gives a continuous message saying 'calibrating sensors'

when i try to do the calibration fo the sensors it fails every time.

the gimbal continues to be floppy.

tried all sorts of resets, factory reset, connector reseats, sd card reseat etc...and nothing changes. any advice out there?

A "floppy" gimbal is an indication that either a sensor is damaged or that the gimbal is bent and throwing it off balance.

Photos are always helpful to determine how bad the damage is, level to the gimbal is best.

i crashed my solo yesterday and ever since i get the continuous amber flashing LED on gimbal which manual says it is booting up and appears ot have no power as it is floppy.
also the handset gives a continuous message saying 'calibrating sensors'

when i try to do the calibration fo the sensors it fails every time.

the gimbal continues to be floppy.

tried all sorts of resets, factory reset, connector reseats, sd card reseat etc...and nothing changes. any advice out there?
Pull the gimbal off and boot the Solo go through the calibrations and take the solo for a flight, if this works it just ruled out the Solo as a problem. Now reattach the Gimbal and see what happens?

the amber light in back of gimbal just flashes. never goes green and is always floppy as if no power to it.

Attachments

• IMG_6957[1].JPG
    IMG_6957[1].JPG
    913.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6958[1].JPG
    IMG_6958[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6959[1].JPG
    IMG_6959[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6960[1].JPG
    IMG_6960[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Pull the gimbal off and boot the Solo go through the calibrations and take the solo for a flight, if this works it just ruled out the Solo as a problem. Now reattach the Gimbal and see what happens?
i tried that last night and the solo will not pass the calibrating sensors message even with the gimbal disconnected . so the initial problem is with the solo as it will not calibrate on its own with no gimbal

i tried that last night and the solo will not pass the calibrating sensors message even with the gimbal disconnected . so the initial problem is with the solo as it will not calibrate on its own with no gimbal
Ahh ok well then it sounds like you have a stuck IMU or Broken, search for the possible fix it involves smacking the Solo on its belly (No I'm not joking)...I'm sure you will get it sorted...good luck

Here you go Search Results for Query: smack solo on belly | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

Last edited:
Did you read my post right above yours?
hi yes i did, i thought i had replied inthe thread. sorry. new to this. i tried that last night to take off the gimbal but got the same error
so i know i have a problem with the solo and this 'may' be preventing the gimbal from booting up is my thought right now. but not sure how to get solo to pass the calibration. it is like a sensor internally has gone!

Reactions: XevetS
hi yes i did, i thought i had replied inthe thread. sorry. new to this. i tried that last night to take off the gimbal but got the same error
so i know i have a problem with the solo and this 'may' be preventing the gimbal from booting up is my thought right now. but not sure how to get solo to pass the calibration. it is like a sensor internally has gone!
I see that, it looks like you may have a problem with an accelerometer on the solo see this >> Search Results for Query: smack solo on belly | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

This is not necessarily a fix though....

hey the smack worked!! system now calibrates okay. just got to get the gimbal to boot now. bit evidently the solo was not the casue of gimbal not booting up

Reactions: XevetS
Did you read my post right above yours?
yes i did , sorry i replied to the wrong post!! ( new to this) the smack belly thing worked great (many thanks ) and solo now works okay, but the gimbal is still failing and won't boot so is floppy . any neat tricks to fix this ( other than not crashing the bloody thing inthe first place)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks