Gimbal question

Reaction score
I received my gimbal this past week and installed it today. I did all the software updates, to my Hero 3+ and Solo. It connects and recognizes that the gimbal is there. I get video feed, but I do not have any control over the tilt. It just points straight down. The toggle on the controller does not move it at all.

I have removed and re-installed the gimbal and can not see any reason for that. I have the green light on in back of the gimbal. I am at a total loss as to what is going on. Any ideas?

-Cliff

Double check the wire routing to make certain there is no tension on the gimbal.

Wires should be tucked away from the gimbal motor. Mount should be centered and move freely.

Install the weights, GoPro and center/level prior to power up.

Hope this helps

I agree with Flying Squirrel. Wires in the way of the gimbal motor is the most common solution, and make sure you use the right weights for the Hero 3+. If all that doesn't take care of it, try unplugging the controller battery while the controller is powered up, and then plugging it back in to reset it all. Good luck.

I have checked the wires multiple times and they do not hit anything. They are properly tucked away. That was the first thing I checked. I have the 5.0 g weights for the Hero 3+ on it. All of that was done and re-checked multiple times.

I just tried the controller battery reset as you recommended and no difference. When I start up the Solo the gimbal points the camera out straight ahead. At some point in the boot up process it rotates it to straight down and none of the controls for the gimbal work at all on the controller.

Completely frustrated at this point....

Never had a real problem before this 2.4 update? Guess i will file a ticket soon.
Solo would boot, then about 15sec. finishing up boot finishing up Boot process, Gimbal would point down.
Turned on Controller, Turn on Solo, Everything works fine, but for a about 6 sec. "Calibrating Sensors" would be on controller display. Then i would get GPS lock in under 30 sec. & fly off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks