Gimbal issues following a crash

Like the gimbal came factory installed or that you installed as recommended by 3DR via one of their videos?

Quite a few threads on installing the gimbal, some good, some not so good. Always look at example videos from those that give the advice...

The consensus regarding the data cable is that it needs to be positioned from the top down. Removing the battery tray will give you full access to the data cable to insure it is in the clear of all contact points. Also this will allow you to see if the HDMI is contacting any parts. Again several threads on the subject of the data cable placement.

If no one takes your gimbal, at least save the green GP clip and isolators (black balls) for a future need. Maybe the three screws that hold the gimbal to the bird would be good as well. Other than that, the gimbal is typically not a repairable component. And at $100, there is no reason to.

BTW, where are you located on this blue marble?

It came installed when I got the drone from 3DR. I will take a look around and find an installation video that seems reputable, as well as more info around here on HDMI placement.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks.

I'm located in Phoenix, AZ... I'd just started flying recently and there are so many cool areas around here. I'm excited to get back out again once I can get this fixed! Happy I found this forum here too, I've already learned a ton about things I was struggling to find info on elsewhere!

I'm stuck in the city, scenic is what you make of your surroundings. We have skylines, but it comes at a cost...

Good bunch of people come and go here, but lots of good information left behind by some really smart people. Search is your friend.

Well there you go, MadDog is in your hood.... maybe he can help you out further.

Reactions: Maddog
It came installed when I got the drone from 3DR. I will take a look around and find an installation video that seems reputable, as well as more info around here on HDMI placement.

That sounds like a good idea, thanks.

I'm located in Phoenix, AZ... I'd just started flying recently and there are so many cool areas around here. I'm excited to get back out again once I can get this fixed! Happy I found this forum here too, I've already learned a ton about things I was struggling to find info on elsewhere!
Let me know where your cool areas are- I'm always looking for good stuff. Maybe we can get together, check out your bird, and do some flying together.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44