Gimbal From Best Buy

My local Best Buy in Honolulu is showing stock available today now. This is whilst I now have one on truck today from bb and one tomorrow from a BH preorder! I really wanted to fly today before I fly out in a big plane Saturday, just can't justify a 3rd gimbal :) none, then a flood

Hope you get one, I picked up one a BB today in Honolulu!

Haha! It was you :) all good. Ordered one the other day in the 2 hour bb frenzy. Arrived few hours ago, ran two batteries (amazingly before it rained in Kaneohe). My BH preorder gimbal also due tomorrow. Doh! Know anyone else in Oahu who wants one tomorrow? Aiea bb now also showing no stock

Yea some neighbors just sent some off those Chinese lanterns up in the air, by the time I got out there after my kids said they saw em I only got one recorded. That's my last unstable video, God willing all will be stabile tomorrow after work.

Good luck. Thunderstorms reported all day Friday for most of Illinois and Indiana.

Good luck. Thunderstorms reported all day Friday for most of Illinois and Indiana.
If I miss out on the corn fields I'll live but I'd like to at least see that it functions before driving back. I'll get there one way or another unless there's 10 tornadoes in my way I'll make it.

shared this in another post but wanted to let the folks in this thread know that Best buy came through for me. Just glad today was payday. Picked up 2 gimbals for me and a friend Ill post videos of dueling solos soon...

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 6
Well maybe I won't have to drive, it let me order for pickup but now I'm getting no confirmation, it's checking inventory. Then I called and the genius kid that answered didn't feel like working and acted like I have to wait to find out through email. Debating driving the half hour there to maybe get it or driving the long ways to Frys to get it for sure. Issue is Best Buy already has a pending withdrawal at my bank.

if you was able to order on Best Buys website and select the store you want for pick up and checked out then it will be at that store when you get there. I would call them back and ask for the manager to check your order...

They just got it off the ups truck while I waited on the phone, I'm not even sure how it let me order but I'm on my way.

Got mine today at a Best Buy! This was after a long drawn out series of phone calls and emails to my retailer, DSLR Pros and 3DR. After appealing to the president of 3DR's apparent preferential shipments of their own customers before smaller retailers, DSLR Pros refunded my money for the gimbal. This was not approved by me, but they thought it was the right thing to do considering how unhappy I had become. So, I ordered one from 3DR today, and am told the usual 2-3 week delivery BUT it could be double that amount of time. I read that email and started my search for one at Best Buy's website. I was amazed that a store 15 miles from me had 2 of them. I rushed over and got my hands on one. Got my first couple of flights in, and LOVE what I see. I am gushing over how smooth it is. Maybe the wait makes it seem that much more amazing.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Haha! It was you :) all good. Ordered one the other day in the 2 hour bb frenzy. Arrived few hours ago, ran two batteries (amazingly before it rained in Kaneohe). My BH preorder gimbal also due tomorrow. Doh! Know anyone else in Oahu who wants one tomorrow? Aiea bb now also showing no stock
Don't know anyone else on island that has solo. I would, however recommend taking a flight out over Makiki....and Kahala beach, I have been getting some killer footage!!!

I did Lanikai and makapuu with gimbal in 17mph winds. Gimbal handled it like a champ. On a plane to Australia in the morning to winter. Sigh. 1 day with the gimbal in incredible scenery. Enjoy the combo :)

I did Lanikai and makapuu with gimbal in 17mph winds. Gimbal handled it like a champ. On a plane to Australia in the morning to winter. Sigh. 1 day with the gimbal in incredible scenery. Enjoy the combo :)
Nice! Winds up at Makiki are pretty harsh too. Solo w/ Gimbal seems to handle it well....not taking your rig to the down under???

BB West Bank, LO,,,,which is in New Orleans, has some gimbals ....today ...

Nice! Winds up at Makiki are pretty harsh too. Solo w/ Gimbal seems to handle it well....not taking your rig to the down under???

I am but scenery in Canberra far more tame in comparison. Just had first chance to review footage on plane. Gimbal Drool.

I had preorded directly from 3dr and they even took my payment three weeks ago and I still don't have my gimble. I had ordered it in April. I will be sending them a scathing email today.

Sorry to hear your still waiting. It has been a test of patience, but I believe it will be worth the wait. One thing to see in all this is that you did pre order yours from DSLR Pros and not 3DR. It was their decision to offer pre order sales. No one knows what deals or promises were made by 3DR to these secondary retailers. DSLR Pros and B&H both made decisions to get buyers commitments early by offering preorder sales. This was not necessarily sponsored by 3DR. While 3DR should take the hit for the delays in production and shipping in general, I don't believe it's on them to honor commitments made by third party retailers. That is on them and their customer service. Best Buy never offered preorder, so for me the customer service "feeling" is much better. No one took my money and kept me waiting. The "poor customer service " rap needs to given where it is due. Just Sayin'
D

Why did you repost your alleged success? It's been ten minutes. And don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Also, please don't refer UAS's as "toys". Something as big as a Solo can take out a window or cause a concussion. Be a responsible flyer and fly with permission, especially in areas like Fisher that you're unfamiliar with.
A frisbee, a child's sling shot, and a baseball are all toys and can take out a window.
I fly toys. :D

toy
noun \ˈtȯi\
: something a child plays with

: something that an adult buys or uses for enjoyment or entertainment

: something that is very small

And each time I fly - I feel that childlike joy!

However if I were a photographer or surveyor making a living off my drone, I wouldn't call it a toy. I might even be a bit offended if someone called my professional tool a "toy." But for me, they are toys! :)

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I had preorded directly from 3dr and they even took my payment three weeks ago and I still don't have my gimble. I had ordered it in April. I will be sending them a scathing email today.

D
Yea buddy I pre ordered solo with gimbal with adorama and then the gimbal again with 3dr and pre orders are useless to 3dr I guess. Only choice in this mess is going to best buy or Frys at least for me personally. I got both at Best Buy eventually and cancelled all pre orders now, messy release aside I love the platform now that I have it all though. Almost forgot about the lies and delays after this weekend. Good luck fly safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado