Gimbal errors when tilted towards 45 degrees

Reaction score
I just received my gimbal today. Installed it, tucked wire behind post and fired it up. Everything works good except when I tilt towards 45 degrees it errors and gets stuck there. Any suggestions?

You might take the battery tray off and take a look from the top side to makes sure nothing is binding it.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
You could try doing the stick calibration as well as IMU and compass cal. That's probably what 3DR would suggest.

All i get is the controller saying manual control error. contact 3dr support which i have done...created a ticket since i can't seem to get through on the phone to anyone.

All i get is the controller saying manual control error. contact 3dr support which i have done...created a ticket since i can't seem to get through on the phone to anyone.
They will help you out. They are a pretty good bunch of people. I would keep trying to get them on the phone. It could be a day or so before you get anything from email...and sometimes they will call you if you registered a phone number with them. Good luck.

Check the spaces that are around the gimbal motors where you can see wires, there's a red,white and black then a shiny flat black one next to those, a guy posted the shiny one was sticking out and hanging his up the other day. Just a thought, mines been ok so I can't say for sure, he had pictures and all in a thread a couple days back and he fixed his issue. Maybe try a search, I can't remember what the thread was called. It sounds like a similar issue to what he said though.

Just move it all around while turned off and check for a hold or a clicking it should be totally smooth. Good luck sorry it's kinda vague, I'm just going from what I remember scanning over his thread.

Thanks for all the help guys! I did another stick cal and it seems to have worked this time. It still buzzes loudly from 45 to 0 degrees on the gimbal. Not sure if that is fixable or not. I guess other than that i am ready to fly this thing tomorrow.

I also did the cardboard gps mod while i had it apart and wow what a difference. I get "ready to fly" in seconds inside my house now. Hopefully its this good outside.

I also did the cardboard gps mod while i had it apart and wow what a difference. I get "ready to fly" in seconds inside my house now. Hopefully its this good outside.

Wow- I didn't know that mod would make such a difference.

I just got my gimbal installed today- had time for one 5 minute flight and everything worked perfectly. No noise- quiet as a Swiss watch and just as smooth.

I don't know but I think many of the problems have to do with the installation process. I think it would have been better if 3dr had waited and released Solo with the gimbal already installed from the factory.

hey guys, i asked this in another thread but does your gimbal point straight ahead?
I too got my gimbal today and have been testing it but I've noticed my gimbal pans to the right a litttle bit when it's idling.

Was wondering what you guys were experiencing?

hey guys, i asked this in another thread but does your gimbal point straight ahead?
I too got my gimbal today and have been testing it but I've noticed my gimbal pans to the right a litttle bit when it's idling.

Was wondering what you guys were experiencing?
Same here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks