Galaxy tab s with cellular

I have a tab s 8.4. It has a smart mode that is more designed to swap to cellular when it looses wifi. Not what I want. So unless someone knows different I've been booting up tower and solo with wifi off (after firing up google maps to help the tab know I want location data) caching the maps I want then switching wifi on to connect to solo.

What you are saying it can only do one or the other. Not both as an ipad can. I have to get the map first then switch to wifi to control solo. Same for Tower

That is how I use it, and read a post suggesting that. I'd very happily hear otherwise. I'd not give up android based on that because tower plus solo is awesome. But it's annoying. I'd guess same as cellular hotspotting over wifi. Connect via your phone first then connect to solo after maps download.
Maybe the magic ticket is hotspot over phone Bluetooth if can, still connected to solo wifi. Doubt it. It's p2p wireless. You would need solo to be able to connect to infrastructure ap

Looks like new android solo app update today allows cellular and wifi on android 5+. Yay!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks