Galaxy Note 4 not compatible with Gopro 1080 Superview?

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this? I have to go all the way down to 720 before the video will display correctly on the phone. When trying to view 1080 all I get is a rainbow of horizontal lines. I'm not ruling the camera out because it is used.

I need to find out one way or the other so I can return the camera if it's the problem. It will record 1080p fine (even though you cannot see the video, just the rainbow), it just will not stream it live through the Solo.

Tried to use my daughter 12 inch Tab but the app was not compatible with it. I'll try my wife's Samsung Tab 4 Nook this evening but in the meantime I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

The Note 4 has 5.7-inch quad-HD Super AMOLED display with a pixel resolution of 2560 by 1440 so I don't see why it would not display correctly on it....

Off the bird.. are you able to get a live feed from GP to Phone using the GoPro App in the resolution that you want to shoot video in?

the most res for the phone or anything via the app is 720... the gopro should be outputting that to the hdmi

The GoPro HERO4 cameras can output a max format of 1080/60 through the micro HDMI port, so if you're set in 4K, 2.7K, or 1440, the output resolution to the monitor or third party device will be 1080 at 60Hz.
The expected output signal is also dependent on the input device's supported input formats. If the HDTV monitor or device you're connecting to supports a maximum input of 1080/60p, the GoPro will want to output at highest input setting that best matches its video setting. Even if the camera's video resolution is set to 960-60, you're expected to see a 1080 resolution image with the 4:3 aspect ratio that 960 provides.
Most HDTV monitors support 720/60p and 1080/60p, so if you're set at the 720 resolution or lower, the expected output should be 720/60p. If you're set at a resolution of 960 or higher, the expected output should be 1080/60p. If your monitor or device supports an input of 1080/30p, and you're set at a resolution of 960 or higher at 30fps, then you should expect an output of 1080/30. Higher frame rates like 120 and 240 will default to 60Hz, since they are integers of 60.

Reactions: rrmccabe
I'm using the Galaxy Note 4 with GoPro Hero 4 Black -- no issues on video feed to phone via Solo. I've used 4K, 2.7 Superview, all sorts of flavors (frame rates) for 1080.

the most res for the phone or anything via the app is 720... the gopro should be outputting that to the hdmi

The GoPro HERO4 cameras can output a max format of 1080/60 through the micro HDMI port, so if you're set in 4K, 2.7K, or 1440, the output resolution to the monitor or third party device will be 1080 at 60Hz.
The expected output signal is also dependent on the input device's supported input formats. If the HDTV monitor or device you're connecting to supports a maximum input of 1080/60p, the GoPro will want to output at highest input setting that best matches its video setting. Even if the camera's video resolution is set to 960-60, you're expected to see a 1080 resolution image with the 4:3 aspect ratio that 960 provides.
Most HDTV monitors support 720/60p and 1080/60p, so if you're set at the 720 resolution or lower, the expected output should be 720/60p. If you're set at a resolution of 960 or higher, the expected output should be 1080/60p. If your monitor or device supports an input of 1080/30p, and you're set at a resolution of 960 or higher at 30fps, then you should expect an output of 1080/30. Higher frame rates like 120 and 240 will default to 60Hz, since they are integers of 60.

And who's on first base? :p

Off the bird.. are you able to get a live feed from GP to Phone using the GoPro App in the resolution that you want to shoot video in?

Hey Dodge,

Yesterday was a crazy day. I was just able to download the GoPro app and yes I can stream the highest video feed available on the Black 3+....

Any other thoughts? Could it be my Solo?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have to go all the way down to 720 before the video will display correctly on the phone. When trying to view 1080 all I get is a rainbow of horizontal lines. I'm not ruling the camera out because it is used.

I need to find out one way or the other so I can return the camera if it's the problem. It will record 1080p fine (even though you cannot see the video, just the rainbow), it just will not stream it live through the Solo.

Tried to use my daughter 12 inch Tab but the app was not compatible with it. I'll try my wife's Samsung Tab 4 Nook this evening but in the meantime I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

The Note 4 has 5.7-inch quad-HD Super AMOLED display with a pixel resolution of 2560 by 1440 so I don't see why it would not display correctly on it....

I had the same problem. I have a Samsung galaxy tab 4 model SM-T230NU android 4.4.2 and a Hero GoPro black with the most recent firmware. I was flying fine at lower resolutions but when I cranked it up to 2.7k/60/medium the controller told me I needed to update my GoPro firmware and would not let me record at all. After confirming my GoPro firmware was not an issue I checked operation with both my iPhone 6 and an ASUS tablet and both had no issues operating at the higher resolutions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44