funny story about a best buy review

Reaction score
so as of yesterday on the best buy website, the gimbal was listed (coming soon) but had 4 reviews worth 4.5 stars. The content was so generic, like a book report you had to write during 8th grade detention. "perfectly helps the quality...) blah you get it. "

so call me an asshole, i wrote a review, chopping down best buy calling their reviews bots and left a comment on a review that was left.

so checked the website just now and the gimbal had been removed from the product list.

what has 2 thumbs and hacked best buy? this guy!

or..... both the gimbal and the backpack have been removed from the site because BB won't be carrying them.

Reactions: mellgibson
You must not have read those 4 reviews very well. They were clearly tongue-in-cheek comments about the delay of the gimbal...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Did you write one of those, Mr. McCabe? They all smelled like some unhappy folks from this forum. I considered putting another one, but when I saw them about a month ago, I still had hopes that the backpack/gimbal would be coming in short order...

Lol. Me?

I am not unhappy btw. 3dr is great company. Cant think of one single product I own with support as good.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
The gimbal is back up on Bestbuy.com (still says "coming soon," though). Go back and read the reviews with a cynical eye. Pay attention to the nicknames of the people posting and whether it is recommended by the reviewer. Pretty funny when you realize what's going on...

LOL, the reviews were funny. "The gimbal hardly weighs anything....transparent...invisible...." stuff like that.
I saw some members of another forum also upset about the "3DR planted" reviews and wanting them removed. I guess the humor wasn't apparent to everyone.
And no, I didn't write any of them either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44