Fulton Park

Reaction score
Just purchased Solo as my first camera platform and so far I'm happy. I've been practicing in a local park, launching flights from the ball fields. After flying three batteries in the park, I realized that I had enough variety to make a small test demo.

The first clip is from a rainy day and I really like the effect of the flat backlit scene. The other clips are from three flights the day before in full sun. (I only have one battery and that forces me to go out a few times a day. It can be a nice way to get a variety of lighting in the same location, but is very limiting in other ways. I would have liked to have been able to get a lot more of the rainy day stuff.)

I want to do more over the water but until I have more experience and until I put Solo through many more flights, I'm not inclined to put it at risk. I see a lot of people flying over water and am wondering if they are using getterbacks. I don't hear much discussion of it.

[Technical note: Filmed with Peau Productions Camera 82 – 3.97 lens as installed by them]

(Pilot notes: The first clip is Manual Fly as I was under tree cover and either couldn't get GPS lock or didn't want to risk losing it. As I was flying through the arch, I realized that I should climb and I was very lucky to have been somewhat able to coordinate a pan with the 45 degree tilt at a speed of 10 seconds assigned to preset 2. But then I realized that I should land and get GPS before flying around at that altitude over trees and water. The last clip is also manual. The rest are GPS Fly.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fulton Park was designed by Frederik Law Olmsted who also designed Central Park NY. These were the only two parks he designed. For those interested in another look at Fulton Park, here (from the ground).

Last edited:
Nicely done. Terrific flying in the tight spaces... Reminds me of another pilot's videos weaving through a wooded area, great effect... Can't duplicate those with smart shots...

Last edited:
Just purchased Solo as my first camera platform and so far I'm happy. I've been practicing in a local park, launching flights from the ball fields. After flying three batteries in the park, I realized that I had enough variety to make a small test demo.

The first clip is from a rainy day and I really like the effect of the flat backlit scene. The other clips are from three flights the day before in full sun. (I only have one battery and that forces me to go out a few times a day. It can be a nice way to get a variety of lighting in the same location, but is very limiting in other ways. I would have liked to have been able to get a lot more of the rainy day stuff.)

I want to do more over the water but until I have more experience and until I put Solo through many more flights, I'm not inclined to put it at risk. I see a lot of people flying over water and am wondering if they are using getterbacks. I don't hear much discussion of it.

[Technical note: Filmed with Peau Productions Camera 82 – 3.97 lens as installed by them]

(Pilot notes: The first clip is Manual Fly as I was under tree cover and either couldn't get GPS lock or didn't want to risk losing it. As I was flying through the arch, I realized that I should climb and I was very lucky to have been somewhat able to coordinate a pan with the 45 degree tilt at a speed of 10 seconds assigned to preset 2. But then I realized that I should land and get GPS before flying around at that altitude over trees and water. The last clip is also manual. The rest are GPS Fly.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fulton Park was designed by Frederik Law Olmsted who also designed Central Park NY. These were the only two parks he designed. For those interested in another look at Fulton Park, here (from the ground).

Awesome job Bluesgeek!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig