Free Battery SOS

Reaction score
Can anyone supply the date which the free battery promotion was "announced"?

Thank you

I remember that September 15 was the date that the free battery promotion was over ... But I can't remember when it started ?
I'd like to know also. I hadn't heard about it until recently, but read somewhere here that you had to buy Solo before July 15th. Can anyone confirm?

I thought it started when Solo was released and ended in early July....can't remember the exact date.

I'd like to know also. I hadn't heard about it until recently, but read somewhere here that you had to buy Solo before July 15th. Can anyone confirm?
That may be correct. It started sometime after the release of Solo and they became aware of the gimbal delay, so they offered a free battery for the troubles.

That may be correct. It started sometime after the release of Solo and they became aware of the gimbal delay, so they offered a free battery for the troubles.
Damn, I knew I should have bought it before I went on vacation July 11th instead of waiting until I came back on July 18th!

Free battery promo from 3DR ended July 15th.

Post from May 19th. It was valid through July 11.

From their promo link:

o Get a FREE Solo Smart Battery (Reg. Price: $149.99) when you purchase the 3DR Solo Drone (Sku: 5354101). Valid 6/7-7/11 at Best Buy.

o Disclaimer: Offer valid with purchase of the 3DR Solo Drone SKU: 5351035

I just emailed 3DRPablo earlier today...again providing him my receipts from DSLRPro and B&H.
They keep telling me they will honor the free battery but until it shows up I will keep bugging them.

I just emailed 3DRPablo earlier today...again providing him my receipts from DSLRPro and B&H.
They keep telling me they will honor the free battery but until it shows up I will keep bugging them.
I just can't believe your still waiting for that battery...you would think you would had the free Battery way before the Gimbal...

I just can't believe your still waiting for that battery...you would think you would had the free Battery way before the Gimbal...
DSLRPro told me it would ship with the gimbal. I don't think they ever received one single gimbal. Finally got tired of waiting and cancelled when I saw them in stock at B&H.
There is something fishy going on with DSLRPro right now. People that have been charged for their preorder can't get a refund. No one answers their phones. I'm lucky as I wasn't ever charged for it.
Talked with 3DR about it and they say they will honor the free battery...still waiting. I'm thinking they went T U.

From Vu Tran's page on DIY drones. Similar statements on Twitter

Free Battery - Anyone who purchases a Solo before July 15th will get a free battery. If you've purchased from a retailer, please check with them how they will execute the deal. They may give you a coupon, an actual battery, etc. It's up to them to decide how they want to do it. If you've purchased directly from 3DR, we'll send you a battery with your Solo.

30 Day MBG & the gimbal - Solo is great on it's own but mind blowing with the gimbal. We will extend the 30 day MBG to start when you receive your gimbal. Peace of mind!

-Vu Tran, Director of Support, 3DRobotics

I purchased one of mine from Best Buy, and they tried to deny the free battery. Had problems at first with 3DR, but eventually they did the right thing, and came through.

So far.... They have done that each time.

Reactions: Raybro
Thanks everyone. I has told over the past 4 months, in each conversation about delivery of gimbal, I always closed the conversation with confirmation I was getting the battery, "you shall get a tracking number any day now sir..." Last night was the first time I was told by 3DR to go to Fry's to redeem. Fry's will not honor at this point, so I am asking 3DR to make it right. I was unaware, as was Fry's at the time, of the promotion. Mind you this was when there were no batteries or Solos in stock anywhere. My issue is why I was told dozens of times, "it's coming, it's coming, you are on the list for next shipment from China", and then they pull the rug this weekend.

This is from Vu trans page at the time....

Free Battery - Anyone who purchases a Solo before July 15th will get a free battery. If you've purchased from a retailer, please check with them how they will execute the deal. They may give you a coupon, an actual battery, etc. It's up to them to decide how they want to do it. If you've purchased directly from 3DR, we'll send you a battery with your Solo.

30 Day MBG & the gimbal - Solo is great on it's own but mind blowing with the gimbal. We will extend the 30 day MBG to start when you receive your gimbal. Peace of mind!

-Vu Tran, Director of Support, 3DRobotics

I would push Fry's, as they agreed. but in the end, it was 3DR making the promise, and you are not the policeman of their vendor relationships

Thanks everyone. I has told over the past 4 months, in each conversation about delivery of gimbal, I always closed the conversation with confirmation I was getting the battery, "you shall get a tracking number any day now sir..." Last night was the first time I was told by 3DR to go to Fry's to redeem. Fry's will not honor at this point, so I am asking 3DR to make it right. I was unaware, as was Fry's at the time, of the promotion. Mind you this was when there were no batteries or Solos in stock anywhere. My issue is why I was told dozens of times, "it's coming, it's coming, you are on the list for next shipment from China", and then they pull the rug this weekend.
From what 3DR told me yesterday, the dealers that had preordered gimbals were sent the free batteries. DSLRPro kept telling me my battery would ship with the gimbal. They have my battery but they never got my gimbal.
3DR supposedly is contacting them about this since I did get the gimbal after all from B&H. We'll see what happens.....not holding my breath.

From what 3DR told me yesterday, the dealers that had preordered gimbals were sent the free batteries. DSLRPro kept telling me my battery would ship with the gimbal. They have my battery but they never got my gimbal.
3DR supposedly is contacting them about this since I did get the gimbal after all from B&H. We'll see what happens.....not holding my breath.
That's too bad Ray. You really go caught in the middle on that one. Under their original retail agreement, DSLRPro is responsible for getting you the battery. But they are probably unlikely to do so. It may be up to 3DR to eventually get you one strictly as a matter of good customer service.

That's too bad Ray. You really go caught in the middle on that one. Under their original retail agreement, DSLRPro is responsible for getting you the battery. But they are probably unlikely to do so. It may be up to 3DR to eventually get you one strictly as a matter of good customer service.
I agree. Is DSLRPros going under?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado